Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daniel Salazar, Proctor John and Mexiko

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - … I Lose Myself' started by Marc, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

So....no conclusion to this topic? Nothing about how they managed to escape in the long run, how Daniel disappeared and no one even mentions him at all? Proctor John? Is he still running the gang out of Mexico? Did he die? One of the last few scenes we saw he was bleeding from his back.

We learned they found Nick but we don't know the rest. I really want to know. This season was not horrible but I felt it kinda skipped 1-2 season atleast of material. A great pity.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

We'll probably never know the answer to those questions unless the original showrunner makes like, a comic or something following on from season 3.

The new showrunners who took over after the season 3 finale have very purposely ignored... all of season 3, actually, in favour of doing their own thing. Continuity be damned!

EDIT: I actually would like a comic following the original plan for Fear, with the Clark family sticking together and becoming villains. Doubt it'll ever happen, but I'd love to see it since the ship has sailed for that to happen on TV.

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

That would been interesting, but it also explains why all the Clarks just dies off.

I just find it weird how they just pretty much skips on ANYTHING on Daniel. Troy was supposed to be here too but nope. But he atleast shown to have been killed or flushed into the water while unconscious. Daniel just...lost in the void! I dislike how both ended. Even Taqa/Takas ending was bit boring "Lol we did ours, Mad Dog, lets go to Indian land"

4. BatmansHooker

The showrunners have been teasing Daniel's return since season 4 began, and still insist he'll be back at some point, but honestly, I kind of doubt it.

But yes, even just some mention would have sufficed. I have the same issue with Luciana's return. Makes no sense and was never even explained.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah they just scraped everything that was going on in S3 and jumped forward, loose ends be damned. Even the explanations they did give raised eyebrows. Madison washed up in a town that apparently was still intact with townspeople, so why would they end up living in a cave to recover? I get the sense that somebody behind the scenes who was taking over the helm was basically saying FU to the people leaving. Maybe not the showrunners but some execs or something. Its as if the showrunners were told to ignore everything previous. Maybe Morgan's crossover [thus 2 year time jump] was unwelcome creatively at some producer/exec level because it made them go in directions that were never intended and they had plans that now were junked. So this was their way of saying "fine you want us to change course, we'll change course, and not even f*cking explain it".

They also might have not wanted to reveal any details about Daniel because they weren't really sure in what capacity he would be coming back, and they didn't want to set up an inconsistency.

6. BatmansHooker

Also, I can see why the new people in charge might want a clean slate to work with, but it's difficult to do that coming off of a cliffhanger.

I agree, it smells like some behind the scenes fishiness might have left us with a lot of purposely unanswered questions.

7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Was that really the plan or just our collective fantasy? What a shame if it was and they chose not to go in that direction, leaving us with... euhm, this.

As for getting rid of past season material, once the original shock of the time jump passed, I really didn't mind them not going into details and not mentionning Daniel. There was more than enough flashbacks/flashforwards as it was, and just going back to it through dialogues would have felt forced as hell... "Remember Daniel?" "Why are we talking about that particular psychopath we lost more than a year ago and not of the many other people we encountered since?" / "Oh, when we found you, Luciana, you..." "Yeah, I know, I was there". Nah, might as well just accept the time jump and run with them from where they are, even if it was indeed very questionable choices and poorly made.

8. BatmansHooker

After the announcement of his depature and prior to the season 3 finale, Erickson (former showrunner) was asked which characters he would have had as the 'last ones standing' if he were to continue on the show:

"For me, Madison. The thing that's interesting to me, and one of the questions I asked myself and asked Robert Kirkman very on was of the people in our group, who do you see becoming the Governor? Of our group, who could become a Negan? That's interesting to me, to watch an evolution of a character and start with them as a hero, and bleed that into antihero, and bleed that into full-on villain."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fear-walking-dead-showrunner-season-3-finale-1048507

So at the very least, Madison would have become a villain. And also survived season 4. :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

[​IMG]

And yet so predictable given the change in showrunner. I mean, why answer any of the above regarding the story arc when Gimple's M.O. is "let's make it simple by pretending it didn't happen"?

#9 AnnieOakley, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  10. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I gotta disagree, I liked that they moved forward without wrapping up every single arc from S3 into S4.

Also by seeing S5 trailers Daniel is back and will surely clarify things from S3 from his perspective.

Also I think Madison kinda did go the villain route at the ranch as she manipulated the hell outta Troy and took full command of the ranch.

I honestly didn't look at her as a complete hero as I don't feel like she did things for the whole greater good. She was just as manipulative as Strand but with Strand you knew what you were getting if you LISTEN to his wording because his wording was very forthcoming.

He was a salesman. She was a flat out liar.

Travis was the one true hero with good intentions and morals mostly and he got killed.

#10 WillyJakkz, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Just as I started to like Travis they killed him off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Yep.

He had it bad. Ungrateful son, vindictive ex-wife, junkie step-son who wanted to do right, lovely step-daughter, semi-selfish new wife.

I got pissed at Madison when Travis killed the guys that killed Chris when she kept telling him to stop.

Ugh and Chris running off rebelling at every turn had me hating his character...man I felt bad for him as he tried to keep everything together (namely his family) from the entire start of the outbreak until his death.

13. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

That was a powerful scene with Travis beating those guys.

• Agree Agree x 2