Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why keep Negan at this point?

Discussion in 'Episode 906 - Who Are You Now?' started by Chr1s, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Obviously the story dictates he stays alive, I'm more wondering if they will give a reason on the show for Michonne keeping him alive.

His imprisonment was to make an example out of him and that was Rick's decision. But it seems that they have abandoned Rick's vision of a new world. They aren't taking new people in and they aren't working together with the other communities. So it feels like whatever happened to them during the time jump caused Michonne to step back from Rick's dream. So why keep Negan alive?

I wonder if they will get into that at some point.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think Michonne justifies the current state of things because on the large scale, Rick's dream is basically intact. They are still working towards a restart of a new world.
    Windmill, crops, and so on. A council. Still cooperating as a network of groups. She would likely see the tightened security with harder admission of newcomers as only a slight tweak of Rick's ways, while killing Negan would be a direct slap in the face to one of Rick's biggest symbols of this new world.

She would not likely view the more exclusive nature against newcomers as much of a change of plan against Rick, especially considering they stated this was the first time in a long time they have even encountered a newcomer. So they haven't even been dealing with this issue.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Negan has to be still alive for a reason. And, especially with Maggie gone (for whatever reason), he will step out of the cell fairly soon 'on parole' and contributes to the story.
    Maybe the council releases him reluctantly but he is the only one that can come up with an effective way to deal with the next enemy group? My guess.

BTW, Negan does not look so sober in this episode. He talked quite cheerfully with Judith.

4. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Because he's officially adorable.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Ya he's secksy and he will rule the planet good

6. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Because someone would have to take a conscious decision to execute a prisoner on a life term (with an explicit rejection of the death sentence). And then get the community onside (not wholly unreasonable - public executions were entertainment before TV, why not after?).

Someone would also have to write the exposition, so we'd know all about the execution. "We should have another execution, it was so good for morale when we had Negan torn limb from limb by four horses". That sort of thing.

So I think it's less a choice to keep him, more a case of no reason to kill him.

7. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Because plot device.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

In reality Negan is being kept alive because the show is going to have him be the male lead.

I'm honestly not sure how they'll make him palatable to the audience. We did see him bash Glenn and Abraham's heads in, that's pretty hard to overlook.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Perhaps there will be a resurge of Negan. I do not know.
    But I do know (I mean, I guess) the demise of Negan. He will die, sacrificing himself to save Judith.

10. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3