Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Unoriginal/Conventional/Musty/Trite

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Close Your Eyes' started by TDogResurrected, Aug 22, 2018.

1. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Predictable/unimaginative/derivative are some of the words that come to mind when I think of this episode. (Show writers thinking) "I know, I know, we'll have Alicia walk off from Morgan during a storm. Then Alicia will find a house to weather the storm, BUT Charley will be in that house. And they will be the odd couple riding out a storm together and in the end, they'll come closer together on there journey of personal forgiveness and understanding." PUKE!!!!! PUUUUUUUUKE!!!!! Just take this show out to pasture and shoot it in the head, cause this sh*t is WEAAAAAAK. It's a show about zombies? You want drama/personal growth? Go watch TLC or O network and leave zombie shows to people who WANT ZOMBIES! (Back to show writers thinking) "duuur and in the end they'll get traped in a flooding basement and force them to face their demons and talk to eachother DURRRRR, and then theyll escape the basement durr". The past episodes this season seemed passable, this one... not so much.

#1 TDogResurrected, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Aahahhahahah!
    PUKE!!!!! PUUUUUUUUKE!!!!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. TDogResurrected

This guy gets it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I agree with your premise but not with your reasoning.

Personal growth is key to any drama, but I feel like we've seen this exact episode a dozen times already.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think it worked, ALicia was a flaming bitch to Charlie. There was not the typical hug or anything, she was cold until she was told to shot Charlie in the head. It is cheesy but could been much more cheese. They did not tag team the zombies on screen or anything.

But I think they might be running out of ideas at times, there been over 10 seasons of the Walking Dead IP/License so something ought to go on repeat.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I just feel like the 180 from Alicia restraining herself from killing Charlie to 'taking her to the beach' was very un-earned.

There's nothing that happened in this episode that convinced me that Alicia would want to be anywhere near Charlie, let alone do anything kind for her benefit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Meh, I totally bought the journey. She saw the brokenness in Charlie through time. Yeah it might have only been a few days, but I found it to be completely genuine.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Considering how they just dumped 3 seasons out the window, I do not expect much depth.

9. TDogResurrected

Everyone is broken...its DEEP into zombieworld, deal with it Charlie (or don't and die). But dont waste 60 MINUTES on this none issue, or at best, personal problem. Strand, Alicia, Morgan, Luciana, they've all been thru unspeakable horrors. But for some reason we were forced to stop for an episode and pretend like what charlie was going thru mattered or was unique in someway. IDK seemed little... unnecessary.

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah but this was a journey for Alicia too. Having to deal with the little murderer. Lol

11. TDogResurrected

But Alicia did deal with the little murderer in the previous episodes? She (and all her friends), decided not fulfill their blood lust and not murder charlie and all the vultures (Good job Morgan on that one). Feels like the writers are trying to make the viewers like Charley cause i'm guessing she'll become a regular on the show. Boo, someone who kills your BROTHER, in zombieworld! Doesn't become your friend or a part of your group PERIOD

#11 TDogResurrected, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018