Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Show might have lost me....

Discussion in 'Episode 407 - The Wrong Side of Where You Are Now' started by TDogResurrected, Jun 6, 2018.

1. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Ok, terrible gun fight aside, TERRIBLE time jumps aside.... Did Nick and Alicia sit in a parked, fully functioning car, and allow themselves to be surrounded by zombies? Sorry, for that gaff, there is no forgiving. THEY EVEN HAD WALKIE TALKIES!!!! "Hey mom, were ganna retreat to a safe distance while yall handle the zombies" "Hey mom, we will honk our horn and lead a few z's that dont follow the fire away", "hey mom, we're going to predetermined rally point A", no. They sit in a car and get surround by zombies.... Fun while it lasted FTWD...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That was one of the dumbest moments in the entire series, lazy writing or bad editing. They sat there, waited until they were surrounded then said "we can't drive through them". Well no shit, NOW you can't but you had plenty of time to drive off before the slow ass walkers surrounded you. It was like the scene in Austin Powers when he ran over the guy on the zamboni.

They could have easily fixed that too by adding tension and make it that they were waiting for the gate to be opened. Which is what was happening but they failed to express that on the show. So poor editing made it look like they were just chillin.

But still, wait for this msf. I still have hope that the payoff will make these first 7 episodes worth it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I will probably keep watching, just like with Star Wars, no matter how disappointed I get...same with GoT.

But it was so silly, them just siting there. You gonna tell me the whole parking lot is office limits? Well drive to another end even if its fenced off. Also, all Walkers just storming forward even before the fire. Maybe use AL as a hostage? WTF.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was wondering why they didn't just try to drive off before the zombies surrounded them. Granted, they didn't know exactly what was going on or what the vultures would do to them if they tried to get away, but still. They just sat there lol.

@Neuropyramidal mentioned that the vultures had come in behind them and trapped them in...i'll have to rewatch that part.

One thing I will also say in defense of a lot of their decisions before the stadium fell: it's all about the mindset they were in before and after the vultures screwed them over. Before, they had been settled in for quite a while and were welcoming in strangers and even made the decision to try and save Mel. They wanted to save people, not kill them at this point. Even though they were keeping their eye on the vultures i think they were a bit softened up and not in a war mindset. They underestimated what the vultures would do. So even though some of their decisions were a little baffling, I think it made some sense given the state they were in at the time.

It's just such a stark contrast to present day Alicia who shoots at SWAT trucks, i think it stands out more when they do things like sit in a car and allow walkers to surround them. I think that might actually be part of what they are trying to convey in the show with "then" and "now."

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TDogResurrected

Maybe i'm over reacting, I watched ZNation all the way thru, I suppose I can keep watching this show. Its just a shame, they took a show that, i.m.o, was better then the original and in 1/2 a season realllly screwed it up.

p.s. Winter is coming

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. TDogResurrected

They were actually opening the gate? Are they touched in the head or something, theres a van between you and your kids car (probably there to drive in, and wedge the gate open), with close to a dozen large box trucks and vans outside, backed up to your walls, (clearly full of zombies), and your plan is to open the gate you just spent ALL day reinforcing? Dumb dumb whats the word im looking for??? dumb!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the idea was that they were trapped between the convoy/walkers, and the stadium, with no exit to the parking lot. But yeah lol still they should have tried something. Putting the car in motion could have help divert the walkers, and the region consists of pretty flat land so it seems like they could have driven off over grass or something, even if they had to smash through a small fence. Or if there was no way out, they could have at least ducked down in the seats and held still so not so many walkers focused on them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

Along those lines, I wonder why a fire, say in a lake, attracts every walker to it, but a fire in a parking lot is ignored in favor of a silent, unlit car sitting in the dark.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's a good point actually LOL. They were already sitting still when the walkers came out of the trucks right?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Yes even before the convoy rolled in

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Member

Interesting. FTWD IMO has been terrible from the beginning but it improved last season. I found it funny that they’ve always made terrible decisions but it made sense because they were all from California. Nick has always been the exception. A druggie that had better survival skills than the rest of the characters. Sorry that he’s gone but I think the actor knew he was dealing with bad writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's why I think it was a poorly written and edited scene. They reinforced the walls to the point where they had to undo it in order to open the gate. Which is stupid on many levels. I get reinforcing the gate but making it damn near impossible to quickly escape if the need arises was dumb. Madison, at one point, ordered the gate open and they start working on it. Like you said, having them spend the time to do this only to then need to reinforce the gate as the walkers are approaching is just as dumb. The whole thing was stupid. Lazy writing, poorly edited. The entire thing made no sense, no matter how we look at it.

It gets to the heart of the dumb things we see on this show. It seems that nobody ever has an escape plan mapped out. They had no set location to meet up when they were living at the farm....and that didn't seem to teach them anything when they set up the prison. They had an escape plan but nothing set for a meeting location in case the prison ever fell. Same with Alexandria, Hilltop, or Kingdom. They have had to literally flee every location they have ever called home, yet they NEVER have a plan in place.

"Hey, if we ever find ourselves fleeing here, we all need to meet up at such-and-such a place." HOW HARD IS THAT?!?

Same thing in FTWD. The stadium is fine, but no hidden back way out? No rendezvous point?

It's always "Build a wall, that will keep us safe." Except the wall literally NEVER keeps them safe. They are always scrambling around like a bunch of idiots after something goes wrong. It's safety planning 101. Since I was a child we were always taught that in case of a fire you should have a plan in place. Paths to take to get out of the house and where to meet once outside.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes, and a plan b in case the fire blocked the first exit. I have pre-permission to show up at various friends' houses out of the blue if a bad earthquake hits when I am out and about. The phones will be on overload, so we made the agreements ahead of time.

But, at Alexandria, remember they had that tunnel that was sort of like a sewer tunnel that took them out of the compound, exiting on the other side of that fence. That was perfect. Daryl was a tracker, plus either he or someone else taught them to arrange rocks to make arrows to show which direction they had taken off, which would work if they were escaping walkers and not other people.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The vultures did come in behind them, but what I didn't understand is why they didn't drive forward toward the stadium. Why wait for the walkers to descend on their vehicle? If they get to the gate at the stadium at least they have a fighting chance. I'll have to rewatch that again too because I'm unsure if there was another vehicle out in front of them.

15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I watched again last night, and it appears that the reason they didn't drive forward to get away from the walkers was because of the fire that was created in front of them? I was kinda half paying attention, but didn't that ice cream truck deliberately lay a line of gasoline around the front of them and then it was lit?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Yes. That ice cream truck came first drove around and parked... waited for the trailer doors to open then lit the fire

• Like Like x 1
  17. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Even so, they were in a giant parking lot. Neither the approaching vultures, nor the line of fire were within any amount of space that prevented them from getting out of the way of danger, IMO. But then again, maybe I fancy myself a better driver and decision-maker than them. :D:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. TDogResurrected

I agree, they absolutely parked, in a land rover, and let the zombies surround them, as apposed to driving off. The vultures didn't "block them in", i'm ganna take a picture of the parking lot set up tonight and post it tomorrow. Alicia and Nick had options...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I watched that scene again last night too. Everything you said is true, but they still had time to drive forward before it was lit. They're looking behind them at these walkers being let out of trucks and they didn't even move. Then the fire was lit after that. It was a real deer in the headlights sort of thing going on there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Well I do remember my reaction to @Apollonia and @zombiemom62 when it happened Sunday night was..... "well that was dumb". LOL