Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Not so positive about MM54

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - MM 54' started by Sharpie61, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Got something to say, say it here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

This was the single dumbest episode of either show.

Jesus, I don't even know where to begin.

Dude shoots the chick with a shotgun, tells her not to move, then ignores her long enough for her to stand up, get in the truck, then close the door. Then gives her a warning before firing at a closed door.

The group is surrounded by walkers closing in, yet they have enough time to strap him into a make shift sled, complete with pull strap, then drag his ass fast enough to put a good distance between them and the walkers that were just surrounding them.

They are inside a very large hospital and had time to scout escape routes out of the many entrances and emergancy exits in a hospital. Then they climb stairs, get a generator running so they can take the elevator to the ****ing roof where they will be trapped.

Christ, these writers are terrible. Not a single thing had made sense this season. I literally hate all the characters and I hope they all die.

I'll be back next week, hoping these clowns have something.....anything, to offer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Goggles Pizano

You write this as if you expect different writing. Lol

In order to be hired to write for this show and TWD you must be an expert at:

1) Stupidity based action sequences

2) Inconsistent characterizations

3) Repetitive story arc’s

Complaining about any of these 3 after like 9 seasons when this was pointed out in season 1 of TWD is just spinning your wheels and will result in frustration. Rule number 1 of watching TWD & FTWD is DON’T allow yourself to get frustrated with 1,2 or 3 which you KNOW is going to happen.

Back to this thread:

Murderous killer: kills innocent person

Morgan: Talk gentle words to killer

Murderous killer: kills another innocent person

Morgan: talks gentle words to killer

Murderous killer: kills.........

Morgan:.........

Back to 1,2 & 3..... expect her to be “redeemed” and all will be forgiven. Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. I was so bummed when Sarah was ok after the cheap-ass villain shot their truck, but at least the beer-boy is almost out!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

It's a ridiculous assertion that because Martha and her husband did not receive help, Martha would want to kill the people who DO help others in order to make anyone stronger. She is just bitter and horrible and relishing harming everyone she can. Die already. I resent that her background is supposed to create empathy in us. My contempt for the writers is sky high. Their premise is despicable.

I know Goggles Pizano is right--the writers are going to make the Martha story even worse by making Morgan ludicrously accepting.

In all the years, in both shows, I've never before considered that the time to stop watching might be approaching. For now for Fear, I'm sticking around for John and June.

I'm sorry we're losing Jimbo. He was flawed but real. It's not really a complaint that he got bitten, but it's too bad.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My complaints:

These two are no longer part of the show:
    [​IMG]

Whining because 4 has not lived up to 3. Reason? See man in above photo. See protagonist in above photo.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I don't even recognize the guy in that photo with Kim Dickens.

I could have no empathy for the Martha character. She was obviously the one driving when they had the accident, so she has no one to blame but herself.

After a promising couple of seasons and even a decent first half of this one, this show has disintegrated into a complete mess. Someone somewhere compared it to Z Nation. How could that mud faced hag sneak up on anyone with her "walkers on a stick" and kill them? Just like when she was able to sneak up on Quinn in the dead of the quiet night with a snarling walker. Just stupid.

It is better to see the band getting back together though than all the individualistic episodes we've had to endure.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I didn’t like it when that truck blew up, but yet Wayne, who was laying underneath, came out without a scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The first 20 minutes were probably the dumbest I have ever seen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Dave Erickson - showrunner for the first 3 season of FTWD

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OH OH OH that was me!!!! Last week!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Terminator

Ahh, that's why I didn't recognize him. Thanks.
    BTW - watching The Talking Dead last night, Sinbad was on and he was spouting off about thinking Kim Dickens will be back after the Deadwood movie has finished filming. Interesting.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

The ONLY way they can attempt to revive this show and save it if not give it a chance to be redeemed is by bringing back Kim Dickens. I wont go on about how stupid this second half has been but last nights episode and everyone's responses to it pretty much summed it up. And if THAT wasn't enough, I had to sit through the preview for next weeks' episode and lo and behold, Carl 2.0 (Charlie). This REEKS of Gimple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Mel - lame "villain". Though, to his credit he was all for making bold fashion statements

Martha - lame "villain"

Also.....
    What has this season been about? No real plot point as far as I can tell. Just a bunch of fools meandering around Texas. I cannot believe I have become one of "those" forum members who does nothing but bitch and moan. I may have to put myself in my own damn dungeon thank you very much season 4 of FTWD!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Terminator

Kim was the backbone of this series. Without her it's garbage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I didnt get to see episode when originally aired and was going to watch on demand. Now after reading comments I dont know if I am in a hurry to see it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Well, it turned to shit in the second half of this season. Doesn't change that we're here because we're fans of the show. As much as I think it's crap right now, you won't see me go on about how I'm gonna quit or might quit or wish they'd put an end to it (who cares what I think anyway?).

As for the rest. Please don't make it a "Madison was the soul of it". Madison was a shitty character and we can do without her. Hated her from season 1, was a little better in 3, but turned back to lame in 4. This second half has been all about the bling bling, hurricanes with flying zombies? giant crocodiles? What the **** do they think they're doing? That would be comedy if the writing wasn't so ridiculous it takes all the fun out of it.

Madison will be back (I've said it since the night she "died"), but that's not a plus in my books. :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do not see myself "quitting" as of now.

And I do not recall saying that Madison was the soul of the series (though I do not believe that she was as bad a character as some saw her). But now that this "soul" point has been brought up I do realize that this series, since day one, has not had that ONE character who was the soul of the show as you put it.

I DO however miss the character that Madison was in season 3 - that was her character at its best. And it would have been great to see the trouble Madison and Taqa and perhaps Daniel would have stirred up. And I also miss the show that Dave Erickson had finally achieved in the 3rd season.

Yesterday for breakfast I had scrambled egg whites and wheat toast without butter. This season has been just as bland as yesterday's breakfast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was really enjoying the first half of the season. Now it's like they don't know what to do with themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Why are we supposed to accept that a river bank is like an ocean beach??????????? THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

• Funny Funny x 2