Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie Vs. Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This civil unrest by Maggie and a few others should be interesting. Who is Right? Maggie? Rick?

Now that they played out the Maggie plan for Negan it will be even more of a shame if Lauren doesn't sign on.

• Like Like x 2
  2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

This has got to set a record for idiotic planning in the writers room.
    Oops I mean strategy.

3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Maggie is right. I was pissed to see Rick just change his mind in that moment like a light switch was flipped. Look, I'm certainly not the kill 'em all type. But damn, everything they went through the last 2 complete seasons was due to dealing with Negan's rule. The guy bashed Glenn in front of Maggie and even mocked him about his deformed face from the blow to his head. All while she was in pain from her pregnancy. That lady deserves some damn vengeance on Negan way more then Rick does. That's just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Doesn't make one bit of sense whatsoever. I've watched this show since day 1, never missing an episode, even sometimes watching TTD. But this route the show is going in for next season concerns me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

As a fan who believes Maggie miscarried the night Negan killed Glenn, I thought a great scenario would've been Maggie admitting that loss to Rick in a final attempt to get Negan executed. Rick would be sympathetic, but wouldn't budge, resulting in an icy relationship between the two for the foreseeable future.

6. Sully

Sully Active Member

I'm pretty confused at this whole thing. Surely Maggie isn't going to go up against Rick? Surely Daryl and certainly Jesus couldn't be on board with it either?

But Maggie sounded like a villain there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

This episode was supposed to tie up every loose end and allow the show to sort of reboot in s9. This doesn't allow that to happen. Maggie, Daryl, and Jesus conspiring against Rick?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Weallgotit

It's going to cause schism within the main group. Which pisses me off. Maggie should have brought it up because maybe Rick needed to be reminded of that part. He can't even blame Negan for Carl's death. But Maggie has every right to blame him for Glenn and possibly for a miscarriage if that's the case.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Weallgotit

It's just not right. Maggie has every right to be pissed off. This is one of the main reasons I wanted Negan to die. We all know she deserved to see Negan die more than Rick did. She's right Rick was wrong and Michonne was wrong. Now things may not be the same between her and them. As for those who'd be with her, I expected that to be Daryl and Rosita. Jesus being involved in it makes no sense at all when he is the current moral compass of the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sully

Sully Active Member

I think Maggie is telling Jesus since he's basically #2 at the Hilltop, but he might play an important role in meditating things between Maggie and Rick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rapscallion

I don't support Negan staying alive in either the comic book or the show, but at least the comic book did a better job of the outcome, because Rick thought the best revenge was Negan seeing society rebuilt the right way.

On the show, Gimple had Negan act like a warlord in seasons 6&7; but in season 8, Gimple changed the story around to make Negan out to be a twisted leader with good intentions, with the real bad guy being Simon. :mad:

13. Neuropyramidal

Maggie won't battle with Rick in a way that could get people killed, she will probably just plan to kill Negan in his cell when she gets a chance.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rapscallion

TWD Writing#101: Characters do stupid things to move the plot forward.

Maggie opens the cell door to kill Negan (like Henry opened the Saviors pen), someone interferes, allowing Negan to escape, group searches for Negan, meets the next big bad instead. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Al Davis is back

I thought the last half of the season was great until this episode. It sucked my balls.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Weallgotit

I sure hope they don't turn it into a Maggie vs Rick deal but she deserves to resent Rick for the decision IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I think Maggie is out to show Rick he is wrong and they can strive and rebuild without Negan. She is out to kill him under Rick's nose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

I don't think it will turn them against each other, I think it will just make for some interesting internal unrest and deception. I think its interesting when members of the group are at odds with each other over something, but not to the point of being enemies. Like the feel of Season 2. They were all at odds over everything, but they weren't enemies. Well....until Shane.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I hope Maggie and her co-conspirators can get the job done without any blunders. He's too dangerous to keep alive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Rapscallion

Let's all agree right now that any conspiracy will reluctantly be put aside when the next big bad appears outside the gates of Alexandria, and Rick—who is so experienced—suddenly needs Negan's expertise to defeat the next big bad. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1