Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It’s bad to Lose People

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - I Lose People…' started by Sharpie61, Sep 22, 2018.

1. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

That same daughter who had lots of things in common with me already?

[​IMG]

Just asking... ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

HaHa....nope, different daughter.

But they both love Young Frankenstein!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That June/Morgan talk with the horde moving in was hilarious. It was like something you'd see on a parody of the show.

The whole thing with #8 is one of Gimple's obsessions. We have characters that sway back and forth between having to kill everyone, or killing no one. It's unrealistic. What's even worse in the case of Fear is that now they suddenly have a groupthink where everyone thinks life is precious, even for the crazy, psycho dirt woman murderer. Yes, let's take her for a ride and help her find her moment of zen. They should have just had someone like Strand say, I'm not traveling with her, and walk up and shoot her dead.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It's funny you say parody. I told my Wife last night that the show feels more like a satire now.

I mean we all can look past some real world situations, Daryl's crossbow, gas still being good. But this show is so full of moments that take me out of the story that I can't take it seriously. It's not even nitpicking at this point because there are just so many of them. Hell this episode alone.

Morgan can swing a body around like it weighs nothing and actually fling it.

John and Strand are in water at least 6 feet deep, yet Alicia drives through about 6 inches of water. They could have literally walked across the flooded road using sticks to keep the alligator away. Or dump a bunch of walkers near one area and cross in another.

Minivan with both side doors open for 2 years. Batter would have died that night. The alarm wouldn't arm with them open, not to mention why would someone arm it with both doors open anyway? And there were two of them.

They all climb on the fire truck instead of the swat van when they had equal time to do either. Furthermore why put Charlie and the other guy in the fire truck in the first place? Put them in the swat van so they can keep an eye on filthy lady.

Filthy lady manages to escape with nobody seeing her. Then manages to stick around when the place is swarming with walkers that all disappear shortly after.

When did everybody get a damn walkie? What are they, the Avengers?

The ladder wouldn't have worked without the engine running. The PTO runs off the transmission.

I can look past dumb things like that. I have a harder time when almost every single scene has something dumb in it.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Ahhhh, you make some excellent points I forgot. I was thinking the same about everyone having a walkie talkie as well. I also noticed how shallow the water was when driving through it but forgot to put it in my post. That was hilarious, plus the fact that Alicia would just drive into it with no idea how deep it was. Totally absurd. Oh well, one more episode.

Looks like the finale won't be much better. How the hell is dirt bag going to catch up to them? They've left the city in a motorized vehicle and she has no idea what direction they took.
    Plus, I don't think they found Al did they? How is she going to get back with the band?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

She is in the promos for the finale

And she will no doubt pick up filthy woman if the writing pattern holds true to season 4B form

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Totally forgot about the stuff surrounding Al.

Seriously picture this.

The last time they saw Al was in the generator room. When they return Al isn't there but she left a note explaining her plan to escape the hospital and go find her van, with the tapes.

So the reformed super group all escape the hospital and jump in Al's van then immediately head out of town. While they are in Al's van, leaving the area, they discuss needing to go find Al. WTF?

You are literally in possession of the thing she said she was going to go search for, driving away from her last known location, brainstorming how you will find her.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ange

ange New Member

Agree with all the points on here. I enjoyed this episode more than the last of the second half of the series. But that isn't saying much.

It must be raining walkie-talkies. Filthy Woman has tried to kill all of them, yet they just pop her in the van and tie her hands with straps big enough to drive a bus through. As villains go, considering those opponents in TWD such as Negan, the Governor, Terminus etc, she's a bit like a deranged gerbil. She should have been dispatched within two episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say she's the worst character we've seen in either TWD or FTWD. Maybe it's the material, and the ridiculous look they've given her, but the actress is doing a poor job too. When she's shown it's like watching a bad college play.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

And that is disappointing. She is a Tony award winning actress, they just do not give those out to anybody. She is probably doing the best with what they are giving her. Sometimes it is just impossible to make a good pitcher of lemonade out of lemons IF the lemons are stinkers to begin with ;)

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

.....and let me just state for the record. It pains me to be so damn negative. I loved season 3 and had such high hopes for this season.

Personally I do not think it has anything to do with losing Madison. I think it boils down to hiring two crap show runners.

I need to find my center, enter a zen state, find my happy place dammit!
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. I really hate being this negative. I try to be the positive one when it comes to properties, be it Star Wars or either walking dead shows. But this season is bringing out the worst in me.

Tell you this, it has me pumped for season 9. So it has that going for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

You and I are in the same boat. I normally wear the Pollyanna hat and try to find the good among all the bad (oh memories, remember Sasha and Bob playing that game in season 5 episode 2/Strangers, just right before they find Father Gabe on the rock....I digress). Especially when it concerns something such as TV show that I am such a fan of.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You are funny. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Good word for it. Cheesy.

16. PepperAnn

Who? Al or Filthy Woman? LOL

17. PepperAnn

Ok Filthy Woman. Answers my question. :p

18. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I was late to the party with TWD, only started watching when I re-married. The first episode I saw was the one when Rick grabbed the walker head like a bowling ball and pulled it off the body and beaned the guy attacking him with it. Even then I wasn't watching closely, started about the time Aaron showed up I think. I say this to show that, from what I gather, that I missed the glory days. So, in my experience, FTWD hasn't been all that much lesser quality than with TWD. I enjoyed both. There have always been plenty of nits to pick with both shows, too many coincidences to avoid eye-rolling at times, but I have been entertained

This half season of FTWD has been a steaming pile. Everyone is stupid and illogical. The plot is one coincidence and/or contrivance after another. The new story lines have no real purpose. The new "villain" is a joke. The writing is a joke. I don't know where it is going and don't care.

I am very disappointed.

But at least it is not "Shades of Blue." That one is so bad even my wife has stopped wanting to watch it. Took 2 seasons plus of unrelenting garbage for her to get to that point, I never liked it. This season of Fear is adding up fast though.

19. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Agreed!

"We can help you!!!!"

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

ALL excellent, excellent points. But the first thing in my mind is, "who in. the. heck. puts a car alarm on a minivan?!?!?"

• Funny Funny x 3