Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I wonder, are the masks on full time?

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by Miamicuse, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

The whisperers wearing skin masks, do they have it on 24/7?

Do they ever take them off at night to sleep?

Do they take them off when they take a break?

What about when they feed? Do they open their real mouths and drink or eat through the walker skin opening? Do they run their tongues around the edge of their mouths hence licking the walker skin?

What if their eyes are itchy or noses need blowing? Do they take the masks off or do they rub the walker skin at the same time they rub their eyes?

Do they remove the mask so they can shave their real hair?

I assume those masks are "treated" right? Like a leather steering wheel cover or fine grain leather wallet? So how does the original hair on the walker scalp stay "nice" after such a treatment? Or is it a fresh bloody messy wet mask you rip off and pull over their heads? Kind of looks treated to me, like baseball mitts.

#1 Miamicuse, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think, it is more sensible that the whisperers do not put on the full suit 24/7.
    When they go out to 'work', suit is on. When they return to the base camp, they will take off the suit. The suit, I imagine, is not Gore-tex like and so is non-breathable. Having something covering your whole body for a prolonged period of time will lead to some health issues, particularly skin disease at the least.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Those masks seemed like they were on pretty tight. I'm going to go with they are on most of the time...if they are tight enough maybe they won't even notice! haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Do they wear clothes under the 'skin-suits'? If not, ewww!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

They definitely don't wear "clothes" over their real face before the skin masks, so why would they wear clothes inside the skin suits? The clothes goes outside of the skin suits.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Wow. This is an interesting thread. I had several of the same questions myself. When Daryl cut the mask off the dead Whisperer, it was sewn on at the back of the skull pretty tight. Didn't look like anything that could have been just slipped on when needed, so either they have a group of seamstresses sewing them on when necessary, or they must on for long periods of time. Again, it's just a tv show, so minor things like your real skin not being able to "breath" don't come into the equation. :) IMO

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

It might have been laced on but it was just more dramatic to cut it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I can imagine a future episode of the Talking Dead where they may interview someone in makeup or the director to talk about how they made the masks and how the masks supposedly function in the real fictional world.

I wonder when the whisperers have sex does their partner ask them to take off their faces? Or do they say, why don't you put on a pretty face for me? There is an Elvis looking face over here Darling put that one oh yes oh yes.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Laced on. Good thought #DeadZedHead
    And looking at a preview that shows some Whisperers from the back, that would appear to be correct. Thanks.

11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Maybe before they head out they have someone tie them on for them?

Good point though because they are on pretty tight.

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I do believe that the masks are, in fact, full time.

The Whisperers put them on at 8 AM and they take them off at 5 PM, Monday through Friday. They are allowed to take them off during a 1 hour unpaid lunch, and for two 15 minute breaks, which are paid for by the company.

They also get to take them off if they claim up to 2 sick days per year. Also for 1 week of paid vacation. I think they can also take them off for maternity leave, but I'm not 100% sure.

• Funny Funny x 1