Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Horace King And His Bridge

Discussion in 'Episode 909 - Adaptation' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

People really do grow up to tell their grandkids about bridges after all, Ezekiel.

The bridge where they found Lydia:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I love history but think covered bridges are creepy. The ones I've been on are echo-y and you can see the ground or water through the planks just enough to know that you will die if a plank snaps and you fall though.

The plaque to Horace partially credits the Gay Co-Op Club for it's erection ( no pun intended). I was like wow they must have a pretty big gay community if they're running their own co-op. Turns out Gay is a town in Meriwether County Georgia and I just need more coffee.

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

I realize that the show is filmed in Georgia but there are nary a covered bridge in northern Virginia where the show is taking place.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This post made me laugh all over again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

So? Sorry, but I really couldn't care less about little details like that. I expect they used a covered bridge so there was no escape for the Whisperers group. If it hadn't been covered Lydia could have jumped over the side into the river. Otherwise the naysayers would be saying "why didn't she just jump over the side?".

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PepperAnn

Plus it is a fictional show. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That bridge reminded me of an old bridge just outside of Smyrna GA. I think the Concord Bridge. It was covered and was one way so cars on one side would have to wait for the others to come through before proceeding through. I only had to go through it a couple of times but it was creepy as hell to go through it. But kinda cool too. That last image is the most recent photo of it and how it looks today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Funion The Barbarian

No kidding to all of these points. After all Alexandria is a largish city and had a population of $140K (thereabouts) when the ZA started, but we tend to overlook this fact as well. We also overlook the pine forests and the complete rural aspect of the area. No worries, I know.

10. PepperAnn

We are looking at one neighborhood of Alexandria.

11. Funion The Barbarian

My point being this is a tv show and they take liberties--I was agreeing with you. In this case instead of the City of Alexandria, they are showing us the neighborhood Alexandria. You do remember the signs from whatever season it was when they entered Alexandria? There were people on this forum who couldn't wrap their heads around paying something like $500K for a townhouse which is what the sign said.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Funion The Barbarian

I found a covered bridge in Virginia, outside of Blacksburg in Newport Virginia over sinking creek. Of course this in a different part of the commonwealth than Alexandria but there is one.

13. offrope

offrope Active Member

In addition to no covered bridges near Alexandria, there are also no big limestone quarries, either. Besides that, winters can be quite harsh in the DC area, yet it seems to be permanent summer in the show. Just go with it and be entertained.

14. Funion The Barbarian

Correct, there are no limestone quarries near Alexandria but there are several quarries near by. Most notably is one in Lorton, another in Centreville, one just northwest of Leesburg (where there was once limestone quarried), one in Ashburn, one to the west of Chantilly, one south of Chantilly in Catharpin, one in north Stafford County, one just outside of Warrenton, several in Culpeper, an abandon one that is full of water in Fredericksburg. I would guess that the one in Lorton would be the best one for the show as it is closest to Alexandria and there are some "rural" type of areas in that part of Fairfax County. As far as winter goes, that is correct, I've been through plenty of blizzards in my life living here but the show only seems to go through a short time period (a few weeks at a time at the most) during a season, so we don't get to see winter. Anyway, not sure why you even replied. My post was in response to my previous post about there not being any covered bridges in Virginia. I had already acknowledged they take liberties on the show.