Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hinting Caryl?

Discussion in 'Episode 907 - Stradivarius' started by offrope, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I agree that Carol has a very maternal side. The mother/son thing just sounds funny to me because they are about the same age.

2. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Oh yes!
    This is right after she asks him if he wants to fool around, and he scoffs.
    Then when talking about the ladder he says "I'll go down first"
    And she says "Even better" (or some such)
    Its a great bit.... and I really felt for Carol there. Poor chick just wanted some Daryl lovin.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Exactly why it's weird for me too. I think because Daryl was skinnier and younger looking at the beginning people mistook him for a lot younger. Then of course a lot of people think gray hair automatically means you're old. LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

And because much of Hollywood has trained us that if the female in the relationship isn't super hot and/or looks older than 35 ... then she is too old for the guy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Camilleyun

Yeah I think gray hair makes people automatically equate that to "old". Remember when Carol covered herself in walker guts and blood to liberate our peeps from Terminus...there was a scene where she approached the chain link fence, hair all red from the blood, and I was like, dang, Carol would look good as a ginger.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Oh my gosh.
    Look how her eyes pop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. PepperAnn

Oh wow you're right!

8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Hollywood, and society for that matter, also tell us that a Male and a female can't be deeply bonded with one another without there being romance or sex involved.

Every time we talk about them we use comparisons like Mothee/Son or siblings. Why can't they just be best friends? It's because we generally don't see people of the opposite sex forming a deep bond and love for one another without there being some sort of romantic or family connection between them.

I think Daryl sees Carol in a similar way that he sees Rick. Their bond goes beyond romantic connections. I mean Daryl and Carol's bond is surely deeper and stronger than many of the sexual relationships we have seen on the show.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

AMC and the showrunners know that Caryl is popular with the fans. The trouble is, like many other subplots of TWD, they've dragged it out far too long. :mad:

There've been so many chances for Caryl to go official...and every chance has been denied.
    • Daryl and Carol could've admitted their feelings in the battered womens' shelter
    • Daryl could've used the psychology book he took from the shelter to help Carol with her guilt over the deaths of Mika and Lizzie
    • When Carol left Alexandria, Daryl could've gone after her
    • Before the start of All Out War, Daryl and Carol could've admitted they love each other
    • Daryl could've stayed with Carol during the war (I was expecting a sequel to "Consumed")
    • At the end of the war, Daryl and Carol could've admitted they love each other.
    • Season 9 time jump could've had Daryl and Carol as a couple
    So, while I still believe that Caryl will happen, I also believe its not going have the emotional impact or appreciation that it should've had. :mad:

#29 Rapscallion, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. PepperAnn

Did you copy and paste this from one of your previous posts and just update it? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Camilleyun

I always say I don't ship people because I don't watch apocalypse movies for the romance. While that's still true, I'm with @Rapscallion on this one simply because they have alluded to it over and over again. I get what @Sebrebc says and agree that opposite sexes CAN be deeply bonded friends, but I never seen Rick brush the hair out of Daryl's eyes or lay his head on Daryl's shoulder under the stars.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's fair. But I would just chalk that up to some things being more of a female trait than a male one.

Not to sound sexist or anything, but those are just things that are more associated with females. I've seen women brush female friends hair or or lay against each other, with no sexual or romantic connotations but I've never seen two dude do it. I love my best friend, he's been there for me since the mid 80s. I'll shit in my hat before I brush his hair or rest my head on his shoulder.

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

If I had a nickel for all the could've, would've, and should've that TWD didn't do, I'd be rich. I think it's more a they didn''t, don't and won't.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

This is true, but, as a female, if someone near me is hurting I would do those things -- regardless (irregardless?) as to whether they were male or female, and even if I had no romantic feelings.
    It is just the way some women care for others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Perhaps we should all watch When Harry Met Sally and then reconvene on this topic?

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. PepperAnn

I was a Caryl shipper at the start. I just loved their dynamic and still do. But that ship has sailed for me. I love the ambiguity of the way they are now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

My opinion varies on the Carol/Daryl relationship all the time... while I can agree that she has some motherly qualities (ie- cutting his hair), I was almost waiting for him to grab her gently by the arm and lean in to kiss her (though I wasn’t at all actually thinking this would happen)... there is definitely a strong bond there and I think there is potential for it to kind of go either way if the writers wanted to do it... do I think Caryl will happen? Personally no... but all I could think of when responding to this was the song: “Lets give ‘em something to talk about”

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. calliope

calliope Active Member

I had been a no for a very long time. I felt that the ship had sailed when the writers/Gimple decided not to go forward with Caryl for what ever reason by season 5. My opinion is changing though. I think they are bringing Daryl and Carol back in contact with one another for a reason and I think the long game is now to have them together. Not sure how that is going to land with the fans. I think most who hoped for it are gone. It may aggravate more than please.

19. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I can see that happening because they do have very intimate scenes together without actually being together...

Sometimes I think the writers love to tease... its one of the only things left that original fans have to hold onto... the slow Carol Daryl burn

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Maybe it happens if something happens to Ezekiel. That could be the tipping point.

Also the writers may be hinting it simply to draw in the viewers because let's face it, with Rick gone and Glenn & Abe dead there isn't a power couple on the show at all.

Zero romance on the show whatsoever and I'm not gonna lie, even the Ezekiel Carol thing seems forced...bro came on WAY too strong to be a king lol

• Like Like x 1