Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fire?

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Buried' started by Jen7, May 8, 2018.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

The head honcho vulture told a story about how his family was lost in a fire. Do you think ultimately they will end up setting fire to the stadium?

It's obvious the vultures didn't stay and take over the stadium, so it would make sense that it went up in flames...maybe that's why Naomi was unable to escape...

Just an idea. It seemed like his story about his family was pretty significant.

• Creative Creative x 2
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Another clue is that they "grabbed what they could," including Naomi's bag. So clearly they had to hurry out of there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, something big went down at the stadium that apparently happened quickly. A fire would make perfect sense. The only thing that might go against it would be that all the supplies the vultures wanted would go up in flames too. Perhaps it was another attempt by the vultures to sabotage the diamond internally, and things went wrong and it went up in flames by mistake. Something like that happening by accident during a scuffle could explain why Ennis wasn't too alarmed at seeing Nick. Because if they intentionally set the diamond on fire, and ppl died, you would think Ennis would be like "oh shit, this isn't going to be good" when he runs into a survivor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe they were attempting to force them out so they could get the supplies and it got out of control...

It seems like Ennis' reaction was pretty tame in response to seeing Nick no matter what they did lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think Madison is with the vultures. And if there was a fire and it separated people, I could see her going with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'm not discounting @Jen7 's fire theory, but I think it will be revealed that the group mutinied against Madison and her family.

Strand, Alicia, and Luciana all confessed to Althea they wanted to leave the baseball stadium when the Vultures showed up, but they were persuaded to stay by Madison's example. If they had convinced Madison to leave the baseball stadium, Nick would still be alive, and Madison would also be with them (Madison's fate is currently unknown).

What if Madison and her family were betrayed by the very people they were trying to protect? What if Strand, by showing Cole that truck laden with supplies for his emergency escape, inadvertently got the loyal group member to start thinking about saving himself, and with the Vulture's "siege" at the baseball stadium dragging on, convinced the others in the group to mutiny against Madison and her family?

So maybe Madison lost the baseball stadium like she lost the hotel from season 2; Cole and the group mutiny one night, Madison and her family "grab what they could" (such as Naomi's bag) escape, but are separated. Cole and the surviving mutineers open the baseball stadium's gates and welcome the Vultures inside.

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think the story told by the head vulture is just an attempt by the writers to setup a comparison. Madison guessed the head vulture warned his community of the approaching hill fire (ie danger) but they did not listen and ended up all died except the head vulture and his brother. But the head vulture said it was the opposite, that he asked his community to stay put and they all ended up dying except he and his brother escaped. In comparison, Madison's group is facing an approaching danger and she's asking them to stay put. So, this hints that she is going to get them all killed.

About the fire theory, it is hard for a fire to spread quickly in a stadium setting. It is not a close and tight environment but rather with a lot of open spaces. Granted that they did a lot of timber board construction but the main concrete structure and the stadium chairs do not really burn well. Maybe a small fire does break out and acts as a trigger point for the Vultures to attack by crashing through the main gate and unloads tons of captured walkers into the stadium. Maybe this sudden overwhelm forces them to leave quickly.

Anyway, this Vultures group's idea of waiting out a group in order to get their supplies is not smart. Why would a group give up the supplies to them? A group would just continue to consume the supplies and would leave when the supplies is really really low. Even then, all the remaining supplies would be packed and taken away with none to leave behind for the Vultures. Even worse is a group might just attack the Vultures as a final attempt to get the Vultures' supplies. Vultures will suffer casualty even if they can win the battle. This idea of camping outside the stadium to wear out Madison's group is kind of stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's probably similar to when the prison fell on TWD and Madison and Naomi/Laura went in another direction. I'd be surprised to see them with the Vultures.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sharpie61

I just have a feeling about that. Madison made it a point to let (forgot his name), know that she would not join them. What if she had no choice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

From what they've shown so far of that group they don't appear to be people who force others to join them. They wait it out and take people's stuff. At this stage anyway it would seem to be out of character for them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sharpie61

Didn’t say they will force her.
    I’m thinking she may have a choice of getting on that bus, or die by walker.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

is it odd that I'm very interested to see what happened to Madison, but yet at the same time I'm very happy that she isn't in the show? although she showed some promise early this season, it's been pretty good without her in it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I like the fire idea. As long as it's not a zombie takeover, anything works, but a fire would be a really cool event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Looks like it was a combo of fire/walker takeover.

Someone above mentioned that stadiums are built so fire can't spread, but Madison was using a lot of wood to build within the stadium.

• Like Like x 1