Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Clayton/Polar Bear

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - MM 54' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'll start by saying I fully expect that we are meant to believe that Clayton is Polar Bear. And its quite possible it was stated in interviews or on Talking Dead [I'm a few episodes behind] that he is indeed, Polar Bear.

Having said that, his identity as polar bear contains some sketchy holes, and if this were another show, like Twin Peaks, I would totally be questioning this connection. As I said, I'm not really questioning it now, but pointing out that based on show content alone, there would be room for doubt.

I get the evidence for it: He was a trucker, he found a way to help people, and he looked like a guy who might get that nickname. He may have even gone to Alaska to get away from people.

However, there is some oddities too. The books he gave Luciana did not contain info about the trucks and the hubs, at least that they showed us on screen. They contained info about smaller caches he had planted. Not caches on mile markers mind you [that I saw], but one on some railroad tracks, one in a building, one in a pharmacy, and so on. No mention of the gigantic truck-stop hubs or the trucks. In addition he didn't warn Luciana, that we saw, about a rogue group who hijacked his truck, and to be careful of them.

He also had to be told about the idea of a beer getting cooled down by an ice pack, and he seemed delightedly surprised, not something you might expect as a reaction if you indeed were a deliverer of such packages. Indeed, when Luciana left him to get a beer, he didn't mention the hubs where obviously it must be stored.

Also, if he was the head of a network of trucks that spanned several states....there would not be ONE person who might be looking for him, like he told Luciana. There would be dozens or HUNDREDS of people looking for him. How would Polar Bear tell Luciana "one" might be looking for him?

Lastly, back in the truck, Luciana said to the group "I think he'd like what we are doing". Is that something you'd say about the guy who STARTED the whole franchise? Like Ray Kroc MIGHT like McDonalds? Of COURSE he would like what they are doing. He started it. That's the kind of thing you'd say about someone who was doing SIMILAR thing to what you are doing...not the thing HE STARTED.

There's enough room for doubt, but in this show...he's probably meant to be Polar Bear. And i'm sure I missed interviews where it is stated definitively.

#1 Neuropyramidal, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am repeating myself, but this season is demonstrating the definition of lazy writing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Your posts are more interesting than the show. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

This is a prime example of how poor the writing has been this season.

I absolutely love this theory, I think it shows imagination and really gives a nice twist to what we have seen. However, I don't think the writers are nearly this clever.

We love to speculate and theorize about what is coming on both shows. For the most part, no matter how interesting our theories may be, the show often goes in a different yet equally interesting direction.

However this season, I can say with 100% confidence that the majority of the theories presented by the fans have been much more interesting than what the show has given us. Not bbn only are our theories wrong, the show doesn't go in a more interesting direction.

There have been many opportunities for these writers to give us some interesting twists or explanations. And failed every single time. Filthy woman is a great example, many of us had some really cool ideas about who she was and what her connection to the main story would be. Turns out, she's just a woman who lost her mind when her husband died. Not. Interesting.

I would really like to see something come of Clayton's story, I just don't trust the writers to give it to us. I'd prefer to read these fan theories, they have been far superior to what we have been given.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2