Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl is not going to die this season

Discussion in 'Episode 808 - How It's Gotta Be' started by DarrenNJ, Dec 10, 2017.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That would be ratings SUICIDE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PepperAnn

LMAO!!! (sorry @ionizer :p)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PepperAnn

Hell I'D quit the show. And I am a die-hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I'm starting to think Carl isn't gonna die as well. I thought he got bit during the walker altercation by his reactionary look because that makes twice where he tripped over something fending off walkers and gotten away unhurt (1st time was the pudding episode when he got really cocky) but I need to rewatch just to see Siddiq's reaction because I can't remember if he had an oh crap look afterwards.

I can't explain the bite on Carl but maybe Rick is imagining this is what happened to Carl by him not being there before The Saviors invade Alexandria. That and Gimple's reply on TTD, it seemed more of a misdirect answer than a straight forward answer as in Carl will suffer the same fate of everyone that gets bitten...question is did he really get bitten?

We will find out and also huge LOL at people who say they will quit watching if Carl really didn't get bitten...how many times in our lives have we as being human thought, imagined, and pictured the worst happening in any situation whether family or friend or loved one passing away then realizing it was just a bad dream or thought. All kinds of shit is running through Rick's mind so who knows what's real at this point...remember the Lori hallucinations? Now multiply his feelings for Carl to the 25th power! He cared for that no good bitch simply because that was his wife and he was in turmoil over his feelings for her moreso because she bore him a son but he has unconditional love for his son.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

eww, no, I don't want foot syphilis!! When he does die, [cause duh], will you come back and rub my hind end? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

YEAH!!!

Wait.....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

And here comes Team Delusional 2.0. Thank goodness Jesus didnt wear a Sheriffs hat.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Hahaha for real though. I'm one of Carls biggest fans, and the day I read that spoiler (2 days after the premiere) I knew and accepted his death.
    There is no fake out there is no cure or way around it. He's bit... He dies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Note: I believe Carl dies, I'm playing devil's advocate here for a second.

The only way they could pull this off and make it interesting would be to have it circle back to Rick. The years old theory that Rick is immune. Rick not only is the Father, he gave Carl a lot of his blood after the world end.

Make them not "immune" but give them the ability to fight it off with the aid of a shit ton of antibiotics.

Again, I think Carl is a goner. I'm just spitballing ideas that could work, if they chose to go that route.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Has anyone considered that Carl got bit while under a dumpster? That would provide immunity. it's similar to the regenerating force field in Season 3 of Rick & Morty. As long as you are in the field you regenerate. I suspect TWD's dumpsters share this property.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Complete 180 degrees for me...just watched episode and saw where the walker leaned over and bit his side (off camera) and Carl was like "damn"... I remember thinking I thought he got bit but when there was no instant reveal I assumed I was wrong.

Fast forward episodes during his talk with Negan when asked if he wants to die, Carl's response was, "No. I don't want to die.......but I will... (then very low toned he said) It's gonna happen...."

Shit....Carl.... :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Well, I think Carl is not dead until we see his head is stabbed into.
    Next episode might show him running away alone, leaving his letter to Rick. Carl says he wants to die peacefully alone. And he is never seen again until.... His disappearance is mourned. Off screen, he is picked up by the helicopter that Rick saw. It turns out to be a recon and rescue helicopter and Carl is taken to Washington DC Special Ops medical base. He is given an experimental vaccine which only applies to one that is under 18 and has a chance of 100-to-1 success rate. Carl survives. A couple seasons later, Carl returns....lol
    /daydreaming

Seriously, I think Carl is a goner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Oooo Oooo yes and FG will then BITE Carl and give him the immunity turning his skin all purple.

Oh no, no, Carl's played the silly chicken game with walkers way more than twice.
    Back at Hershel's farm he walked off one day and slipped up in the mud with a walker who was stuck there, by a creek... He BARELY got away then, I do believe that was the first time and I really thought it was just Carl being too young to fully comprehend...
    Then there was the time he tripped and fell during the claimers/pudding episode but between that and now he played "chicken" with the walkers at least one other time... And they almost got him then too, I don't recall the episode but Carl has a real habit of doing this.

And whether he dies or not IRDGAF, Carl's not the greatest character for me... It's like yeah he's an original and he does participate and they've given him plenty of good plot but every time he plays chicken with the walkers I'm like seriously?
    Again Carl, you haven't learned not to play with zombs yet?

There is one other thing, I've grown emotionally detached from this show.
    I just don't invest myself in the characters like I used to, now they can come and go and it's all right by me. I don't necessarily want him to die but I've accepted the directors and creators do as they please and so I just sit back and watch.

Sheeva's death did kind of piss me off, but not because the tiger died but because I felt it was such a cheap way to die...Guess that's for another thread thou, I'm not entirely immune but it's mostly if it's good acting and the plot is believable I'll buy it even if it means someone with plot armor dies.

All that having been said...
    I'll LOL if he lives.

#73 8307c4, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Okay! Hear me out! I know now, why Carl won't die! Siddiq is not some hacker or something as some said, the dreaded face on Rick and Michonne is not over a bite! It is a god damn bad tattooo work from Siddiq! The dread look is becuase Carl not only got one without asking! He also got the worst one possible, a human bite looking one. The sewer is the tatto saloon Siddiq got now. Queue is long, even Dwight shot his own men to get one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. cycles

cycles Member

I can understand why people are skeptical of Carl’s death. Things seem contrived - the off-camera bite; the big-reveal-but-non-death mid season cliffhanger; Gimple’s coyness on TTD; Chandler’s decision to buy a house and skip college and his Dad’s outburst .......

Wouldn’t be the first time a series told us that a character is “dead, dead, dead” only to have him come back to life.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Seems Carl doesn’t die. He was saved by cutting off his locks.
    And a positive side effect. He grew back his eye [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Jakethepup

Jakethepup New Member

First off Carl showed a wound no one said it was a bit. Second, I have never cared for Carl so if he's out, he's out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

Its a bite.

19. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

He looks really good in this pic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

He's been wearing that makeshift bandage/ eyepatch for so long I forgot he actually has 2 eyes lol