Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl is not going to die this season

Discussion in 'Episode 808 - How It's Gotta Be' started by DarrenNJ, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Aquatic Nuggets

if what you believe is true then what on earth does chandler have to gain by making up a fake story throwing Gimple under the bus lmfao

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

From more information that has popped up, like Facebook posts from his dad it really does look like Gimple wrote him off the show. Initially though before the episode aired, rumors were that he wanted off because of other things he was pursuing. He wouldn't be throwing Gimple under the bus, i thought maybe Gimple said he would take the heat since he already does anyway. If you check out his twitter page, it's inundated with hate for him and the show. Chandler couldn't handle that, he's too young and sensitive. But it doesn't matter now, because apparently he didn't want off the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

People need to find their sweet zen spot.

Chandler was written off the show - okay. Chandler, as he aged, was probably more than aware that the business he was part of was cut throat at times....shit is going to happen. Characters are going to get written out of the story. The whyfors and whodunnits are moot at this stage of the game, the deed is done. Already the finger pointing is old and tiresome. Personally I could give two rats asses why Gimple did what he did. All my bitching about it, like damn near everything else in life, is not going to change the outcome. Carl is dead. End of story. Instead, I will choose to wait for February 25 and hope that what transpires will be an interesting direction - something new and fresh.

And I hope his parents let it go, move on....seems to me that Chandler is handling the affair far more maturely than his father. Did Michael Cudlitz want off the show? Or Chad Coleman? Maybe, maybe not. And yeah yeah I understand, their story arc was not as involved as Carl's comic arc. I just never saw Carl's TV story arc all that important to moving the story along. But they (Cudlitz and Coleman) handled the separation with grace and dignity, too bad Senior Riggs is not doing the same. Helicopter dad never looks good on anyone and it will to some degree reflect on Chandler. There will be that future producer who will not welcome a hovering stage dad of a now young adult actor lurking in the wings to do the social media pounce when he thinks the other kids on the playground are not being fair.

Sigh....I really do try to keep a lid on my irritation with the constant complaining and bashing and repetitive groaning (except with those near and dear to me - they get the brunt of my rantings in private). And no I am not referring to anyone who has a valid argument or criticism about the show. Even I do not think the show is perfect and without fault. But it is with those who post the same shit over and over and over and RARELY IF EVER discuss or acknowledge a positive of the show that really sends me over the edge. If all a viewer has is a negative opinion of the show then I just do not understand why that person is still watching. Why watch a show that angers you so?

Thank god it is the mid season break.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. offrope

offrope Active Member

While we're discussing absurd theories to keep Carl alive, how about this one - what if the walker that bit him had dentures instead of real teeth ? Would that make it a harmless bite ? There must be walkers without real teeth. (I'm being ridiculous now ).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

yep, and I remember the same comments when Beth died. Oh wait, she really did die:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Can you imagine the backlash if he lives? It might be worse than what people are going through now. It would be a cheap tactic and people would flip their shit.

I think it's dumb that they are killing him off, I think it would destroy the show if this another fake out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I guess my biggest worry going forward is how his death will affect Rick's motivation to carry on fighting like he always has. Carl has always been the strongest reason for Rick to survive. And I think a lot of us viewers were looking to that passing of the torch to Carl should Rick be killed. Now that won't happen, I just wonder if Rick's ultimate purpose will change at all. I know he still has Judith and Michonne, but it just feels different without Carl going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That's really the only reason I don't want him gone honestly. TV Carl has had an interesting development but I just don't connect with him. But what this is going to do to Rick is worrisome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

For me it goes back to Rick & Michonne's conversation when they had an episode together last season. They talked about how now it's bigger than them, and they could lose each other and still go on. It's bigger than small town Sheriff Rick just trying to find his family and keep him safe. It's about rebuilding a world. I don't think Rick will see it that way at first, but i think Carl's last words will help get him there and carry him through.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I hope you're right and believe you are. I gotta believe the show will give Carl some great and meaningful dialogue to Rick in his last episode. They better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think that Rick's motivation will be to honor Carl. To honor Carl's view of the world and how they should move forward to build community, to welcome new people, to not be who the Saviors were. I believe that through Carl's death Rick will find an even greater purpose.

I also think that if they choose to follow the Negan arc from the comic that having Carl be the one to die and subsequently the reason that Rick makes that particular choice is far more believable than it being any other character (outside of Michonne).

I have said this a few times but you said it far more eloquently!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

Yes! Exactly what I wanted to say :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. ionizer

ionizer New Member

I just went through the process of signing up for an account to say that Carl is not dead and will not die - at least not yet.

I believe the whole spewing back and forth with his dad and the writer is all made-up off-screen acting.

I don't know what they will do or how they will save him, but I bet he doesn't die - at least not yet from this bite.

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You are right. I found the leaked script for 809. It turns out that the person that got bit is actually Carl's twin brother, Curl. Curl was Carl's conjoined twin, living entirely inside of Carl's gallbladder. He couldn't handle all that pudding and finally climbed his way out while Carl was pooping, got flushed, and ended up in the sewer.

While down in the sewer, he got bit by a stray walker, and by coincidence was down there when they hid the Alexandrians from Negan. The real Carl is lost in the sewer system somewhere else.

I can never figure out how you guys guess these things.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm more upset about losing what Carl would have become. Most of the characters were adults when the world ended, so they all sort of adjust differently but they all adjust as adults. Judith will only know this world. Carl was old enough to remember what the world was yet young enough to be growing up in it. That's what makes his character so interesting as he transitions into adulthood. Now we won't see that, and it pisses me off.

I think back to a scene in last of us where Ellie is reading a diary and says something to the effect of "THIS is what they had to worry about, boys and clothes?". She never knew the "normal" world and had no connection to it.

Carl isn't like that, he can remember school and girls and video games. He remembers a life before the fall and I was really looking foreward to seeing him become an adult.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. ionizer

ionizer New Member

make fun all you want, when he doesn't die (at least not from the bite directly), will you also come back here and kiss my feet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

When that happens @Neuropyramidal and I will both come back here cut our feet off and give them to you to hold so we can kiss

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. ionizer

ionizer New Member

Deal, although it seems weird you'd kiss your own feet.

and if I am wrong, I will come back here and say I was an idiot.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

You don't have to... this thread already says it for you

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. ionizer

ionizer New Member

Well after I am right and your eyeballs pop out of your head, I am going to say:

"I just popped your skull so hard, your eyeball popped out, and that shit is gross."

• Funny Funny x 3