Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bridge The Gap and RATE it.

Discussion in 'Episode 902 - The Bridge' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 13, 2018.

?

Rate it

1. 10

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. I'd build a bridge to reach this episode!

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. 8

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Meh, we'll cross this bridge when we come to it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bridge to Nowhere

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Dewwww eeetttt

2. SStark

SStark Active Member

Two great episodes in a row. I'll give this one a 9.1.

So sad that Andy is leaving the show. He's been the best actor on the cast by far throughout the first two episodes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

WOW as much as I like the premier episode I think this one was even better. an easy 9 for sure

thoughts to come

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Neuropyramidal

I think this was a fantastic episode. They are handling the jumping back and forth between a lot of different characters and subplots very well. Maybe better than they've done since season 5. I give this episode a 9.4

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Lot better than the first one for me. I gave it a 10 on here, just because it's been a while since I was truly sucked in an episode. Hopeful for the season!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Nice action. Great dialogue. I feel bad for Aaron though. But I think Enid stepped up tonight and took her character to a new level with a lot of viewers. And I loved to hear Rick recall back to his good old Officer Friendly days to put Justin in his place. I give it a 9 this week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Loved it! Highlights:

- Great pacing.
    - Pretty much everything Zeke/Carol ("But I wrote a speech." "Of course you did." So perfect!).
    - Enid steps up.
    - Nobody lays into Walkers (Saviors, for that matter) like Daryl.
    - Maggie is a real leader; tough but fair.
    - Poor Aaron. Even losing a limb, he still managed to make Rick feel better about the situation. Good on him.
    - Anne, what exactly are those "secrets"? I like her; I hope her intentions aren't bad. Land the damned helicopter already!
    - Careful Gabe! She may be a heartbreaker...but grats on getting yours!

Easy 9 for me. Can't give a 10 (Jesus is being terribly under-utilized, in my opinion). Hope they can keep this up!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Neuropyramidal

It will be as shame if we don't get the ratings back up at least a little bit. Because so far this season is hitting it out of the testicle park.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Completely agree. But damage has been done, and recovery takes time. I have no doubt we'll get there if they can keep this up.

I feel like I blinked and this episode was over. Just flew by. Can't think of a more positive sign than that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This episode was far better than the premiere and the dialogue and character interactions are indeed far better this season. But there are still real issues with the show and in a lot of ways these issues might make it easier for people to jump off than the constant weekly battles did during season 8. The problem we are having this season is that there doesn't seem to be a clear point to the season thus far. Sure we can say that we are learning about them building a new society but is that really interesting enough to keep people tuned in? For a lot of people probably not.

I really felt like they should have diverged from the comic at this point because the stuff from about issue 127 to issue 160 or so was extremely slow paced and quite frankly rather boring in a lot of instances. We will see how the tv audience accepts them translating that part of the comic to the screen as the season goes along.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I gave it a 7. I feel like the 1st 2 episodes were good but they are setting up the next few to be amazing.

Side note; I remember after season 3 of FTWD a lot of ppl were saying fear was the better show. I didn't agree but I understood why. But after season 4 I feel like these 2 episodes alone were far better than that entire season. Fear took the biggest dip on quality of a show I've ever seen

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I actually liked this episode better than the opening one. Easily somewhere between an 8.5 and a 9.

This conflict between the Saviors and everyone else is understandable, and should have been dealt with by now. That group still has the same sense of entitlement that they had when Negan was in charge.

I do wonder who it is attacking them out there though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Whoa.....11 reviews in from Rotten Tomatoes for episode #2
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Melo

Melo Active Member

Back to back 10s for me.. yeah i know i'm being too good but i'm just so hyped for this new era and the different style of this season.. i f-ing love it so far!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Melo

Melo Active Member

Also if it was possible i would make babies with Rosita every day.. i adore her!

#15 Melo, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  16. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

i wonder if Iexpected too much of last weeks ep? That's why i didnt vote it very high. But this one was WAAAAAAY better. it was great to see Carol and zeeke being all loved up and Jerry getting some too. loved seeing some of my fave characters moving on with their lives and developing. That asshole on the bridge had to go.
    ENID..... my girl all growed up now. Yay for Enid.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I love that her character has been given a purpose, a very solid skill set to offer to the communities.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

Much Better. 8

19. Neuropyramidal

The combined reviews on rottentomatoes for episode 901, 902, and Season 9 in general, come out to 97% positive. 96% for 901, 94% for 902, and 100% for the season taken as a whole [reviewers who have seen up through 903].

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Got a 10 from me!

• Like Like x 1