Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Am I Missing Something?

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - No One's Gone' started by Creepy Crawlies, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Creepy Crawlies

First off I would like to say I enjoyed Season 4 very much. However I cannot seem to think of what is or may be coming in the next half? The story started basically fresh from Episode 1 and seems to have concluded with Episode 8 with everything being wrapped up.

Correct me if I missed loose ends that still need addressing. There was no cliffhanger no push to indicate what is coming next. Just seems kind of strange to me.

Or am I missing something?

Edit: Some sites seem to indicate that the Madison being dead as a shocker but I was under the impression that we have know for a few episodes that she had died either due to the vultures or escaping the stadium. This was no shock to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I was actually expecting the cliff hanger to be Madison still being alive somehow by escaping especially in those last few minutes of the episode. Then right when I was expecting Madison or maybe even something else to appear at the last second; we get a ending that suggests no continuation.

2nd Edit xD: Okay I didn't realize there was a preview for Episode 9. But still...

#1 Creepy Crawlies, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I look at it this way.

Season 4 is a soft reboot of the series. What started off as a story about a family trying to survive in this world is becoming closer to what TWD is, a story about a group of strangers who become a family trying to survive in this world.

So in that sense I think 4A was an introduction, sort of how the first season of each show was short and basically set up the rest of the story. Same with this first half, it introduces characters and gives some back story to them, closing out the half season by not leaving any arcs left to resolve. No bad guys to overcome, no immediate danger to face. A group of people sitting around a camp fire telling stories. Again, sort of like what we saw in season 1 of TWD.

So now that the backstory stuff is out of the way, we know who these characters are and what drives them. The story can now unfold. With no loose ends to tie up, the second half of the season can jump right into their new challenges.

• Like Like x 5
  3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

And let's hope it's a good one, with no over-the-top "villains" and cartoonish characters, just basic apocalypse survival and drama!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, I would love to see the group on the road heading somewhere for a while. Make it a traveling show, with a specific destination. Watch them go from place to place and see the types of people they encounter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Maybe Morgan takes them to Alexandria??
    I'm very disappointed with the way Madison supposedly went out. Was she just bitten to death and became a walker? Did the flare she threw start a larger fire that burned her and the walkers? Too much is left open. I won't believe she's dead until I see a body or Madison walker. They talked it up pretty good on The Talking Dead, but I'm not convinced.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I vote nobody goes anywhere for a while, except fishing and canoe riding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think they had something going in Season 3 to create a "Western USA" like situation like it is on the East Coast with Ricks ASZ, The Kingdom, Hilltop, Oceanside, The Sanctuary or wtf Negan called it, the Foundry? And anything else they find out there.

With Prepper camp, Indians, Daniels Dam and the bad dudes but nope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Creepy Crawlies

Although Madison is probably dead the fact we didn't actually see her die makes me wonder if she is actually dead. It could be Glenn all over again xD.

9. Lindigo

She was pronounced officially dead on The Talking Dead, and you could tell she was still grieving the loss of that role. She resisted it when they told her, but TPTB insisted it was the right time for the story.

10. NakedCity

Yeah... I'm still not sure either. :)

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

She be dead. Dead dead dead.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lindigo

Maybe we will get walker Madison someday.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NakedCity

I'd like some pb & j on that toast.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

And perhaps back to John's candy supply.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Lindigo

And the popcorn!! :)

• Agree Agree x 1