Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alpha's Trap

Discussion in 'Episode 909 - Adaptation' started by Dnae, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Not only is Ms Alpha scary as all hell. She is also proving herself to be quite the strategist.

Collecting Yumiko's arrows from the cemetery, possibly the bridge and using them to lure Luke and Alden into their trap.

I am guessing that Alpha and company happen upon the bridge where Lydia was taken prisoner. She (Alpha) sees her daughter's discarded mask and knife and realizes that she has been taken. The first thought is "a mom wants to find her child". Ehhhh I wonder if Alpha wants to find Lydia because she is her child or rather because she does not want to risk Lydia giving away any information. I tend to think it is the latter.

Of course this also creates many questions.

Was Alpha part of the group in the cemetery? If not how did she know about the deaths and cemetery?
    Was Lydia part of the group in the cemetery?
    Is it safe to assume that the whisperer we saw unlatching the gate brought the cemetery intel back to Alpha and that is how she knew about the arrows?
    How did Alpha know that Luke and Alden were from the community that Michonne's search group originated from?

• Like Like x 2
  2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Lydia seemed fairly good at giving her captives the "run around". I dont know how long she can keep it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I know absolutely nothing about Lydia except what we were shown last night. It reminded me a little bit of Carol when she and Maggie were held hostage at that outpost. That fear she displayed might be genuine, but it's obvious she was lying through it all, so you gotta believe there's an entirely alternate side of her. Maybe they should call Carol and have her show up with a plate of cookies and a bouquet of flowers :p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do not know anything of the whisperers other than they wear those creepy masks.

I do think that Lydia will prove to be a more complex character. At least I hope she is. Would be nice to have a character that in the beginning we clearly see her as a threat but then with the passing of each episode a layer of the onion is peeled back and maybe our initial perception of her was incomplete. Much like Dwight. I hated him at first but as time went on and we were given insight into the why's of some of his decisions it became a little easier to see that he could possibly be a victim of his circumstances.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Maybe Liam Neeson playing Beta and being sent out by Alpha to get Lydia would be very appropriate.:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think, at this moment, her display of fear is a fake. In one scene, she was sitting calmly on the chair and then right after Daryl entered the jail, she moved quickly from the chair to the corner of the room and began her act. To me, this looks very much like an acting. I would think, a girl having a walker mask and herding a group of walkers to attack (Michonne + Daryl) is unlikely to have a faint of heart.

But I think her being captured is not a planned trick by Alpha. For one, this is not a James Bond movie and it seems too risky to send your daughter in under this circumstances (ie an initial contact with an enemy group).

#6 Blueman, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I guess they've been able to covertly observe everyone while disguised as walkers within a reasonable size walker herd.

It's a brilliant idea. The living don't interfere with walker herds the way they pick off individual or small groups of walkers, so they're safe to walk about and observe everyone without them knowing.

I think it was Yumiko who said she thought they were being watched on trip to hilltop in the last episode?

I'll have to re-watch the last few episodes and keep an eye out for the whisperers face masks in the herds.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seventh_son

This is an excellent supposition! I Buy it totally.

10. Seventh_son

And if the Whisperers HAVE been covertly studying our people, they're in even deeper crap than they realize.

Information is power.

11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I think Lydia had shown genuine fear when Daryl entered the cell. She gave up some real information to protect herself from him but ultimately reverted back to lying which he caught onto which was why he allowed Henry to do the rest of the work for him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I think some of it must be genuine, why wouldn't a teenage girl be scared of her captors? I agree she may be overplaying it, which is why it reminded me of Carol when she was held hostage by the redhead at that outpost ( sorry, can't think of her name right now) I remember her line to Carol after calling her a "nervous little bird"....You were her, weren't you? or something like that. That's kinda the vibe I got from those scenes. Lydia might be a frightened teenage girl, but she knows how to use that display of emotion and fear to disguise her true intentions and capabilities. Just a thought, like I said I don't know anything about her but what we were shown in the episode.

• Like Like x 3