Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

910: O.M.eG.a *** Praise the episode

Discussion in 'Episode 910 - Omega' started by Dnae, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Will it be worthy of yet another TWD cliffs notes rundown of all there is to love about this episode? I certainly hope so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Oh I think it will.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have a gut feeling that the remaining episodes will either be wonderful character driven episodes that move at a brisk pace or they will be balls to the wall and frenetic

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

And yet ANOTHER clever title.

Such creativity here!

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Rewatch episode tomorrow then pen to paper for cliff notes but until then...

Lydia - damn that young girl acted her ass of tonight

Daryl - damnit I am going to need to invest in some hot sauce to season all the damn crow I am having to eat each week. But seriously I am very happy that his character is being developed. The more interesting our characters are the better the show will be. So I will gladly eat crow if it means the show finds another way to improve upon itself

Alpha - I ain't even mad about her accent because Samantha Morton is AMAZING and her spin on Alpha has me so fu*ckin' creeped out I may have to sleep with a night light on

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I thought I wouldn't like that they just showed us Alpha in the beginning of the apocalypse and they would ruin the bald look before they revealed in real time, but at the end when it reveals her rugged dirty nasty face, oh man I loved it, da full transformation of Alpha!

Great ass cliffhanger. I do find it weird tho that Connie was like trailing behind Kelly and the guards before the Whisperers showed up, like it was just a way to split them up.

I know people think Henry is annoying but he wasn't as bad as his season 8 younger kid self, I still would have loved Carl right now, but I think they're doing the best they can with that storyline. The Henry/Daryl/Lydia scenes were pretty good. Daryl/Lydia abuse connection was nice to see. Also Henry bringing up Carol about her hair and how she never cut it because Ed would pull her hair and now she let it grow out because she's finally safe. Good call back.

I still wonder if Henry and Lydia are gonna bang or they bitched out because they're young kids lol. I'm predicting they'll like imply it mostly, if all they do is that hand holding scene while in the jail cell I'll be disappointed. I like they they substituted the eye socket lick with Lydia sucking the worm before Henry ate it lol. Obviously way less weird than eye socket licking would of been or how funny it would look with Carl, but I still thought it was a decent comic mix if thats what they were going for. Maybe she'll do more weird shenanigans with Henry, we can only hope.

#6 Gaycandybacon, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have not had the chance to watch the episode a second time but there are just some things I am chomping at the bit to "put pen to paper".

A personal observations on my part:
    • Daryl tried like hell to save Sophia but in the end he was too late. Daryl wanted to rescue Beth from Grady, but in the end Beth sealed her own fate. So now we have Lydia. They (Lydia/Daryl) share the painful, both emotional and physical, scars of abuse. No doubt Daryl feels a connection with her through this shared pain much like he feels that connection with Carol
    • The flashbacks start at Day 23 of the apocalypse. Lydia is probably about 6 years old. With the combined time jump of ~8 years and the ~3 years prior to the jump that would put her around the 17 year old mark. Would you agree with this timeline @Neuropyramidal
    The flashback:
    • I thought it was so damn ingenious that not once was Alpha ever referred to by a name. Frank never addresses her by her name whereas she does refer to him as Frank. Others names are mentioned: Lydia, Matias, Amanda. Knowing a person's name humanizes them. I thought this was so damn clever. This also ties into episode 9 when Lydia is telling Daryl that they (the whisperers) do not use names. It only occurred to me this morning and the realization of it only served to give me another reason to really like this episode
    • This combination of flashback and present day really blew me away. It was so subtle and in hindsight so very telling. I love when a seemingly small nugget of nothing much actually becomes this much larger tell, this ah-ha moment for us. Case in point. In the flashback Alpha diverts Lydia's attention back to playing their game of checkers. In the game Lydia captures some of Alpha's game pieces and then mom says "checkmate". Lydia has a slight giggle and states "that's chess". Back to present day and we have Lydia in her cell and she is sharing this particular moment. She has a slight smile at the memory and she says "HE always....."and then she stops speaking. Her expression changes, it becomes somewhat fearful and she instantly corrects herself and says "SHE always said that". Little do we know that we have just been given a clue that the memories Lydia is sharing have been manipulated by the false recounts her mom has fed her for years and years. I LOVED this moment. Another small but oh so huge moment for us to add to the list of reasons why Alpha is pretty much an antagonist like no other this show has seen.
    • The first one or two flashbacks (day 23 mark) we are led to believe that Alpha was a loving, kind mother. A meek, unassuming wife. Possibly even an emotionally abused woman (my take at least). Then we are at day 43 of the apocalypse. Matias begins to unravel and we see it. That first glimpse of who she is to become. She tackles him to the ground and in very short order she kills him. I was of the opinion that she was only doing what she had to in order to ensure the safety of Lydia. And while that may have been the initial reasoning I am of the opinion that when the kill actually happened, in that moment, she enjoyed the power. In that moment her Alpha was born. Prior to that I was ready to send Frank out into the great unknown and let him be enveloped by a horde of walkers. Boy was I wrong!! And then we realize that it was Frank who would actually comfort Lydia when she was afraid. Frank is the one who would sing her that song to quiet her, to comfort her.
    Lydia outside of her cell and upon hearing the baby cry she is thrust into remembering those early events as they actually were
    • She hears her mom calling her father a "stupid man" which is how Lydia referred to him earlier in the episode.
    • Instead of Frank cutting his beard to spite his wife she remembers that is was her mom cutting off all her hair and saying "the world is over. I'm doing what I want now".
    • She remembers that Matias did not bite her father/Frank. She is not to blame for her father's death as she has been made to believe all these years. Instead it is a random survivor who gets bitten and the chaos erupts.
    • And then when Frank tells Alpha that he is leaving with Lydia we see the completed incarnation of Alpha. She kills her husband, Lydia's father without regard for her daughter. She (Alpha) knows that Lydia is watching and that cold look she gives her daughter, direct eye contact and then motions for Lydia to "shh".......CHILLING!!!!!
    Present day

• Alpha makes her way through her people and to the front of them. That is someone walking with great purpose. That is someone who knows damn well what she is capable of . That is someone who is not afraid of anything. I am with Lydia - I don't want to mess with her!
    • Whisperer masks are creepy. People wearing those masks? Creepier! Alpha without her mask? Creepiest moment of the season thus far!!!
    • I thought I was ready to see her face. I was not expecting to be so blown away when seeing her face. I quite literally gasped out loud. Samantha Morton in this character exudes raw confidence, aggression, quiet and unnerving. She gives us all of that with her acting skills. And then on top of it all we quite unexpectedly also get this visually frightening woman not only because of SM's talent but also a very talented make up artist who knew exactly the right look to give her. Kudos!! I admit that I played back those last minutes over and over.

#7 Dnae, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. PepperAnn

Damn girl. Another stunning review!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thank you. Not really a review though, just jotting down the bits and pieces that stood out to me. You are very sweet.

I only wrote about the flashbacks for now. I am going to watch the episode a second time today or tomorrow to really soak up what was going on for the rest of the episode.

Next episode is going to be balls to the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. PepperAnn

YES IT IS. I CANNOT wait.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

And that's on ONE viewing?! Wonderful little details you catch and share. You have ascended to the heights of Yvette Nicole Brown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1