Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[902] Guess The Ratings

Discussion in 'Episode 902 - The Bridge' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

But the episode didn't focus on the bridge being built. It actually spent very little time on it. Many of the events of the episode took place near the bridge, but that's about it.

We have Rick being called out on two fronts. One by Alden basically calling him Negan. We have Daryl calling him out for letting saviors live and be part of the community.

We have a new relationship with Gabe and Anne, and learned a few things about each of them.

Michonne trying to be the peace keeper between Maggie and Rick establishing that she wants to create rules and create an agreement between the communities.

We have the intrigue with someone picking off saviors.

We have this brewing distrust between some former saviors and the rest of the groups and even some reformed saviors.

Rosita and Arat working together was interesting.

Maggie seeing some of her Father in Earl. That was a cool scene.

There are quite a few storylines in this season and this episode moved all of them forward and even created some new ones. I honestly don't see how you see this episode as simply just being about building a bridge.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Also, on the 16 episodes point thrown around in this thread. Under Gimple's reign, it often seemed as though he took important comic plot points and slapped them with a 'MSF' or 'finale' sticker, and spent the middle episodes waiting to get to those.

Fear season 3 also had 16 episodes, and a strong arc throughout the entire season.

16 episodes, admittedly, is a lot, but I personally believe Scott Gimple was also just really bad a planning, pacing, and coming up with compelling B-plots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I want to cry when I think too long about the exit of dave erickson

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. BatmansHooker

Please come back and free us from the Filthy Woman and any related event, Dave

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

and bring taqa walker and crazy dog with you!

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. BatmansHooker

The real biggest losses of the reboot. I was very much looking forward to Crazy Dog's shirtless scenes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I agree about the seasons being much too long. That's a huge problem. But in recent years with such a huge cast they could have found ways around that with better writing and overall direction.

Ideally they should've planned on 10-12 episodes per year and run them consecutively.

8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I don't think they are stretched too thin, I just think they stretch too many storylines out because they are trying to keep pace with the comics and not get too close to lining up with the comic stories.

The show feels like it has been moving forward faster than the comics and would eventually catch up. So they stretched out some storylines. A good writing team can tell a 16 episode story as long as they pace the story properly. These past two episodes are proof of that. Many storylines introduced and moved forward all while giving us character moments that help develop the individuals.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Here ya go @Neuropyramidal the live +3 numbers

Live +SD 4.947 million viewers
    Gained 2.761 million viewers (+55.81%)
    Total of 7.708 million viewers

Live +SD 1.98 ke demo
    Increase of 1.25 key demo
    Total of 3.23 key demo (+63.09%)

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@Neuropyramidal

Live +7 numbers as follows for episode 2:

Key Demo increased to a 3.5 rating (75% increase from same day)
    # Viewers increased to 8.379 million (69% increase from same day)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So all we need to do is get rid of DVR technology! :p