Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[902] Guess The Ratings

Discussion in 'Episode 902 - The Bridge' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I still think the good reviews for these episodes are going to gain us a bit of traction. I foresee a bump to 7.1 million for 902. Plus 3 TV's that were left on unintentionally. Closest guesser gets a pair of Awkwunderpants, the funderpants built for 3. For when your mother in law visits.

2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

5.9 million live viewers. Add another 2.5 for DVR viewers.

3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

If that's the exact number you should win an actual prize.

5. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'll give it another shot after bombing last week. 7.2 mil

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

9. lastcat3

Ratings were 4.9. Another ouch. We'll see if it evens out over the next couple episodes or if the slide continues. Generally the trend for the past few years hasn't been for things to level out until about the mid season finale.

I'm thinking introducing Magna right off the bat may have been the smarter play. Give viewers some interesting new characters that they can learn about may have helped hold their interest a little more. I hate to say it but I think people may be totally burned out on Rick, Daryl, Michonne and the rest of the lot. It's been highly promoted that these are Rick Grimes final episodes and the ratings are still falling off a cliff.

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

With the departure of Rick they'll be in Fear ratings territory for the the backside of this season. Unless he has zero self awarenesss, even Gimple has to realize what's he's done by now.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was actually wondering this yesterday. As much praise as Kang has received in the last few weeks, and as many crap reviews he received in the last couple years............................does he......realize?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. lastcat3

I still think AMC deserves the most blame. The storylines now in no way are deep enough to warrant 16 episode seasons. And as a result about six or more episodes each season end up being nothing but filler. Just look at this last episode. They spent the vast majority of the episode showing them building a bridge. Would that be very interesting for anybody but the most die-hard fans? Probably not.

If AMC was willing to drop the season orders down to 10 episodes a season I think the quality of storytelling would be a lot better. There really is no need to have 16 episode seasons either other than the fact that they are using this show strictly as a cash grab. Virtually no cable episodic programs have that many anymore (and most network programs that have that many episodes or more a season are pretty much just one off episodes). Even the Star Wars live action show that will be starting up next year (and if any episodic program would have enough room to have a high episode count it would be a Star Wars show) is only going to have 10 episode seasons. Just think about that for a second. A show dedicated to a small group of people living in a post apocalyptic world has six more episodes a season than a Star Wars program where they can travel throughout the entire galaxy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lastcat3

I have a feeling Kang is going to run into the same problems that Gimple did. How many episodes are we going to have this season that shows them doing little else but building a bridge (or some similar random event that in no way should have had an episode dedicated to it)?

#13 lastcat3, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  14. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

But these scenes are important to the overall story. They keep comparing this season to season 2, and so far that makes sense. A lot of characters talking and setting up future story lines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. lastcat3

While it is important it at the same time is not something that should have had an episode dedicated to it. Let people know the bridge building is going on while the majority of the ep could have been wrapped around a more engaging plotline. For instance they could have expanded on the murder plot instead of it basically being over and done with in about ten minutes.

And it also wouldn't be wise to go back to a season 2 format anyways. That season largely worked because the show was still brand new. Have those same episodes take place in a season 9 when people have seen it all and viewers would have likely tuned out in droves due to all the sheer amount of nothingness that was going on.

#15 lastcat3, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'd prefer FTWD level ratings, good reviews and good quality, than trying dumb things to try and generate interest like they did with the dumbster, and the Negan cliffhanger/story arc. If the show has to die, let it be, but let it be as what it should be.

I like I lot better the focus on intern conflicts and building that bridge (even with nails too short!) than on trying to go against some new group of cheesy villains. They'll come soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. lastcat3

I say if this show is destined to have ratings similar to Fear here soon that they just do a complete soft reboot. Jump ahead fifteen or twenty years and have Judith be the only character to transition to the new time period and viewers could begin following her story.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Agreed. The last thing the show needs right now is a Filthy Woman lol. These two episodes have been fantastic, and by most accounts so is 903, so the best they can really do is keep pumping out quality episodes with the feel of the golden years, and let people come back if they choose to. I feel the same way if they continue to make quality episodes and are willing to keep doing so even with a decreased viewership, that is perfectly fine with me. If they try gimmicks to increase ratings, then the shark has been traversed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I don't care what the ratings are - if the show is good. So far, Season 9 has been interesting but not spectacular for me. But definitely not made me feel like I've wasted an hour of my life - which has happened at times in recent seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

You keep mentioning that the bridge doesn't deserve an entire episode, but I think you're ignoring the fact that it's actually an important subplot in this season's arc.

It wasn't 45 minutes of characters doing woodwork like you're making it out to be. It was a look at the society they've built and how they can work together to expand it, and the problems that hold them back. That is interesting material, and something fresh.

If anything, it calls back to the early seasons, when the problems the group faced were more about how they can fix situations and maintain their conditions than fighting baddie after baddie.

/justhowifeel

• Winner Winner x 5