Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[816] Rate It Or Face Wrath!

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 14, 2018.

?

Do it.

1. 10

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. 9

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Wrather good, my darling. Wrather good.

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. 4

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. 3

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. Wrather have spent the evening having Chunks the dog lick Nutella from muh sack, like cousin Hanker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I give it a solid 9.5 but for the sake of the poll I will go with a 10.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8. It was pretty predictable to me.

5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Maybe it's because I saw it in a theater with incredibly low expectations, but my initial rating is infinity.. I'll have to rewatch to give a final rating, but yeah.. infinity... Let's go with infinity.

Loved it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

TEN. My new favorite episode ever.

Maggie was PERFECT in her grief--and scary in her steeliness.

The flow into Fear was seamless. I never thought Fear would rise to the level of TWD, but it has.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

9.5, but voted with the 10.

Loved that Eugene came through for them, I was really worried he was going to be ruined.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Krakatau

Krakatau Member

Not a fan at all. Disappointed really. Redeeming Eugene was a nice twist, but other than that, I hated it. Saving Negan was awful. You just lied to men saving your life an episode ago and killed them, yet now you see the path Carl was talking about and don't kill the guy responsible for all this? Come on! Why didn't someone point out to Morgan this entire time the dull end was for humans? So easy! I'll reserve judgment concerning Maggie/Daryl/Jesus plot until I know their true motivations. Other than that, awful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

Eugene saving the day unexpected, l thought it was oceanside in their rear.

10. Franco

Franco New Member

I thought it was really good. I loved seeing Negan surprised and out-duped! I thought Maggie's reaction was excellent and believable. Eugene had me fooled. I teetered between scoring it a 8 or 9.

It could have been a 10 if:
    • Jesus would shut up and realistic people stop listening to him
    • Carl was still alive
    • Morgan was still a killing machine, but if he was to switch he should have been changed by Rick's compassion and not Jesus's ridiculous 4 second speech in the middle of the battle....a little bit ridiculous.
    • I would think there would still be some die-hard saviors that would not give up.
    • a little more clarification with the ending when Daryl and Jesus are listening to Maggie. Not sure what they are planning but if it is something bad, why would they include Jesus in that plan...makes no sense.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I was so looking forward to Fear and as much as I hate to admit I thought the premier episode was quite lackluster. And I wanted to really like John Dorie from the get go but my initial reaction is that he irritates me. Thank god they did not go with him for Negan (he campaigned pretty hard for the part of Negan), his voice would have not been very Negan-esque.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I cannot abide Jesus hate

13. Franco

Franco New Member

I really liked it so I disagree that it was bad, but I do agree with you on your comments. Eugene redemption was a nice twist. Saving Negan was not my choice and somewhat unrealistic and dangerous but they show handled it well. Rick has flipped flopped but he has done that several times during the show.
    Now that part of about Jesus teaching Morgan was just stupid. I hate the Jesus character. He is the most ridiculous character in the history of the WD. Morgan changes from a 4 second Jesus speech. Telling him that blunt end is for the living, DUMB! For one, I guess in the apocalypse you cant kill some one from blunt force trauma to the skull by a man swinging a stick and two, in the battle, why would Morgan listen to Jesus. If anything changed him, it would be what Rick did to change him. ...but maybe Maggie's reaction change him back.
    Now why would Maggie and Daryl to include Jesus on some evil plot? Him? Of all people, that is who you go with?

14. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Literally 4. (first time ever. I think.)

I am so sorry. Had to do it. It drove me freakin crazy.

I think Oceanside coming to the party was cool.
    I liked, "Call me ANNE."
    I liked the grace that has been throughtout the last few eps eg the women and the Key to a Future etc and Maggie allowing whatshisface to stay at Hilltop, Daryl telling Dwight to go and find his girl...

but I disliked Morgan's BS and practically everything after Rick's speech by the tree with Negan. It felt like watching a director's cut on a dvd that you actually don't care about. And I disliked the tag-team telling off Michonne and Rick gave Negan, like someone's parents when they break curfew. >: (

And now Jesus is suddenly going to mutiny after his righteous speech to Morgan?

Grrrrr

lol I just read this back. Wow I sound angry hahah

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

If it helps, and believe me when that scene played out I was like WHAT THE HELL, but then I took a step back and I do not think that Jesus will be on board.
    To quote @DragonRacer from the live react thread:
    While I do not think that Jesus would just nod and leave the conversation I do think that what we are NOT seeing is the rebuttal that Jesus might offer to Maggie and Daryl's desire for full on revenge.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Never thought I would be the one taking up the initial Jesus Defense Squad platoon leader position, but life is funny like that sometimes. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I love TWD, but I gave it a 3, and here's why; (My reasons are rooted in personal feeling, not any sort of critical breakdown of directing, writing, or anything objective.)

1> Negan lives - stupid, stupid, stupid. The heralded AOW wimpers to an anti-climatic close.
    2> We all saw it coming - the Oceanside riding in to save the day - just ugh.
    3> Eugene - his actions have heretofore at least indirectly, resulted in harm to team Rick. I really wanted to see him taken out
    4> Hate to see D exiled. He inflicted harm initially, but redeemed himself, IMO. (and yes, I see the comparison to Eugene's situation - I grew to like D and grew to despise E.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

A big fat 10. It wrapped everything up nicely while also giving us something to look forward to with rebuilding, Negan in a cell, Maggie possibly going all rogue on Rick, etc. Loved every second...especially this one:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Melo

Melo Active Member

Great episode and finale!

Well every time i got so see Rosita its a ''10'' episode for me!

But i liked that the war is over.. Eugene did his thing and saved them!

Glad that Negan made it and Rick didnt kill him.. well we all knew that was gonna happen.

Maggie of course wanted negan dead and i cant wait to see her vs Rick.

The Whisperers are coming see the huge herd, the fence posts and maybe the infinity symbol that Sherry left Dwight has a connection with the whisperers?

20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I was wondering how you would like this Fear episode, because you have been such a fan up to now, and I have been, Eh, it's okay. It looks like we switched places.