Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[803] Rate The Monster

Discussion in 'Episode 803 - Monsters' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 5, 2017.

?

Rate the junkfood junkie!

1. 10

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. 9

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. better than that Monster Cheese that I puts on me white bread!

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 7

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. 4

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. Gave me a monster headache.

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. Took a monster dump during it, and din't even wait for a commercial message!

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate it, you little monsters!

2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That was a 9 for me. Morale's smug ass lasted 5 minutes. The Jesus v Morgan fight was epic. Filled with delimmas. Maggie should have left the trash outside though. Great episode for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cycles

cycles Member

I gave it a 7. It was an enjoyable episode but not one of my favourites.

I never believed that Morales was a threat to Rick so no tension there. I think Rick saved the scene with his speech about Negan.

Sorry to see Aaron’s boyfriend go but he was a secondary character. Good acting by Aaron.

I am not a fan of dark Daryl.

The scene between Jesus and Morgan was excellent. Lennie James was amazing. The fight was fun.

I like Tara more and more. Her pretending to shoot the captive saviours on the truck was very effective.

Am I the only one who likes King Ezekiel? They need to lose the CGI tiger.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I gave it a seven.

Bringing back Morales was TOO MUCH A COINCIDENCE for TWD. I knew Daryl would rescue Rick, so I wasn't surprised Morale's return was brief.

Jesus has become the most annoying voice of moral authority the group has ever had, but I did appreciate the irony of a vengeful Morgan having to hear the "killing is wrong" mantra after he bothered Carol with that for so long. :D

I prefer Eric's comic book death: quick and realistic. Of course, on the TV show, Eric and Aaron get to have an emotional farewell full of clichéd dialogue. But Aaron returning to watch the walker Eric join the herd was a powerful scene.

I loved Maggie shouting at Gregory to "Shut your damn mouth!" Unfortunately, she let the rat back into the Hilltop.

Daryl runs out of ammo when his back is against the wall. Funny how that happens in TWD. ;)

I loved that Daryl killed Morales, despite recognizing him. And I loved that Daryl killed that Savior after he told Rick where the guns were moved to.

And lastly, King Ezekiel's overconfidence against the Saviors finally catches up to him.

#4 Rapscallion, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I only watched it because it was something to pass the time before Ride with Norman came on, but I gave it a 9.

Episodes 1-3 feel like one giant mega episode and it’s still going. I’ve never disliked bottle episodes but I do appreciate this continuous flow from one episode to the next. There is such a balanced mix of action and character-driven moments full of complexity and moral dilemmas. Rick, Maggie, and Ezekiel’s groups were so steadfast on war against the saviors but are being met with unexpected things like babies, old friends (rip morales), surrenderers and cowards (Gregory...gag) knocking at the door to test them and make them question who they are and what their ultimate goals are. I prefer these complexities over “kill kill kill no matter what!”

I think one highlight for me was Aaron taking baby Grace in the end. The way he took her while grieving Eric’s death put me to mind of Maggie carrying Judith out to Rick after Lori’s death. A different situation but it felt familiar anyway.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I give it a 4. Just felt like a lot of rehashed themes and filler. It was funny how they made the Morales thing seem like a big deal and he got dropped like nothing. Daryl doing the same to that Savior at the end was amusing too. But I guess we're going to have Rick crisis of conscience #52

Also what the heck was going on during that fight between Morgan and Jesus? Did everybody else around them decide to sit down and share some popcorn?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

LOL! I did wonder where their group was as Morgan and Jesus were fighting. Also, it would've been funny if Morgan and Jesus discovered the Saviors had escaped while they were fighting. :p

8. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8. I came to this from reading posts 4,5,&6. I agreed with all three and one was a 9 and two were 7.. so 8

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Dianne and the others led the chained saviors away when Morgan and Jesus started to argue. You can see Dianne saying "on your feet, let's go", and they started to leave. So they basically left Morgan and Jesus there to hash out their differences.

I gave the episode an 8.7 overall. Some solid action sequences and even some good character development with Rick, seeing Morales as a bit of a mirror to himself. This is making him look at Daryl with judgment, which could be interesting in the future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Gave it a 5.

Honestly I think this was one of the worst TWD episodes I have ever seen thus far. A lot of the dialogue was absolutely cringe worthy. The fight between Jesus and Morgan was nothing more than 5 minutes of filler to avoid having to put more story into the episode. What was ever the purpose of even bringing Morales back if they were just going to kill him off in one scene. An episode or two before killing him off would be understandable. But one scene? What was the point? Was the actor needing a job or something?

In all honesty I am really beginning to think about quitting the show at this point. It is just not very good anymore. And its not like I don't know the story already since Gimple is still stuck on following the comic storyline so closely.

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I rated it with a 7 but only because I am still traumatized from the horrible disappointment of episodes 1 and 2.

Here are my thoughts though....

1. Jesus vs. Morgan was epic. Nothing too fancy with the fight choreography either. In other words, it wasn't any of that Jason Statham movie bullshit.

2. I sense there might be some type of Daryl/Rick dilemma or conflict that may occur. Daryl is just executing people with EXTREME prejudice and Rick seems shocked and even a little bothered by it. Couple that with the stance Jesus is taking with Morgan, Tara and Maggie about not being like that, and Zeke's "us or them" motivational speeches before mowing down dozens of Saviors. It seems that there's people within the super group who have vastly differing philosophies and the lines are very blurry.

3. Morales.... why did they being him back? I'm not one of these 'knows all the behind the scenes news' types of fans, but this just smells like Gimple's doing.... "I don't really want to bring him back but fans are buzzing about him a lot. So I guess I can throw the fans a bone, then make him out to be this extremely unlikable character and then I can kill him off after a few boring monologues, then I can go back to more pedictable story arcs". Ugh! What a GARGANTUAN waste of time!

Oh and btw, I feel like Lori.... Where's Carl?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

What they really need to lose is the squid that sits on Ezekiel's head.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

TWD REALLY needs to hire a new dialogue writer. They all same the same things in exactly the same way (except for Daryl). And they ALL say them. It's really noticeable if you try to binge the show.

I understand they are struggling with a new world and a morality that is constantly shifting. But do we have to be privy to every single ethical conversation. Yes, killing is bad; I think we all get that by now. But, really, everyone has had to do a lot of killing to get to where they are. At some point, you have to get over yourself and just do it, or choose to stay at home and defend the colony (where you may have to kill someone). It's just a fact of life at this point. Daryl gets that. Tara finally gets it. Morgan get is, even though it's killing him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it a 3. It was everything that's the worst of TWD, terrible emotional writing, cliches and just plain silliness. This is why people say TWD is basically a soap opera with zombies. Lots of characters acting out of character, terrible dialogue, just generally bad. The Aaron/Eric scenes were just cringe worthy. Morgan goes crazy within an hour? Please. Maggie was even bad.

Terrible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Overall a good episode.

Positives: This is the best the Daryl character has been in a number of seasons. Loved how he nonchalantly killed Morales and then said, "I know who it is." Some people wanted more out of Morales, but I'm glad they handled it that way. Lennie James was excellent. Some great dialogue with Gregory at Hilltop, particularly the lines about him taking pancakes from a little girl. There. Was. NO. Negan. Which. Is. Always. A. Good.Thing.

Negatives: Had a hard time believing Aaron would leave Eric there. They could have had him die, make Aaron unable to put him down and then return and have the same closing scene with Eric joining the herd (which was a good scene). The Jesus character is more annoying right now than the TV version of Tyreese. Although Morgan's non-violence approach pushed a little too long last year you could understand it since he is someone who goes to extremes and he was trying to hold the "Clear side" in.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I could only go a 6 on this one. Unlike some others I really liked 1 & 2, but I just found this one slower. I know people really liked the Jesus/Morgan scrap and Aaron's acting was good when he saw Eric "walking" away. Maybe I'm being harsh. I'll have to give it another watch.

17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You're right! Maggie was bad. What happened to the Maggie who threw caution to the wind and decided to have sex with some guy she didn't know in an abandoned convenience store??? Where's THAT Maggie???

Oh sorry.... I'm fantasizing again. My bad.

18. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

I gave it a 7. It had better action, and the writing was MARGINALLY better than the previous episodes. Aaron's heartbreak was so hard to watch, and seeing Morales get thrown away after 96 episodes was...insulting.
    I did NOT like Daryl murdering that savior near the end, since he's now no better than a savior himself.
    At this point if a baby pointed a finger at him he'd kill it.
    Seeing Zeke get his shit kicked was immensely satisfying, since its been nothing but victory after victory for the good guys. A war has hard losses on BOTH sides, and the saviors have had the shit kicked out of them. Yes, let's hype up the saviors and then show them to be incompetent losers. Its so badly written, because in the comic BOTH sides lost a hell of a lot, and both sides suffered. So Eric and Francine are dead? That's not a hard loss (poor Aaron).
    Overall it was somewhat better, but this season is REALLY sucking hard.
    PS: liked having Daryl run out of ammo. Finally some realism.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

I had a hard time with Morgan when he came to join the group. I was so looking forward to it, but he just seemed too naive for what he had been through. I've come to realize he was using that pacifism to hold on to his sanity. There was a double meaning last night when he told Paul "I'm not right". He isn't, and now we know he never really got well. Whatever Eastman's "faith" was, Morgan's faith was Eastman's beliefs. That's gone, now. And, he's lost. As usual, Lennie James was brilliant in that role.

I'm truly enjoying the resurgence of our wonderful, unpredictable, but eminently practical. It didn't matter who Morales was. He had a gun to Rick's head.

Would that Paul could develop some of that common sense. I could have bought last week's prisoner' whining about being a prisoner of the Saviors. I might have thought about it. But, once he put the gun to my head, he would have to go bye bye.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

This is why I love this site. We are all here because we are TWD super fans but yet we aren't "sucking the dick" of every episode. I love reading the input from everyone and they are all very good points even if it's negative feedback.
    Good job all 1 point around the horn!

• Like Like x 3