Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walkers on that bridge

Discussion in 'Episode 909 - Adaptation' started by Blueman, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

So, it was about a group of about 8 walkers (6 true walkers and 2 whisperers, Lydia and one other guy).
    When Daryl hit the whisperer with an arrow in his leg, he dropped and yelled. Immediately, about 4 walkers turned walking forward and began to circle him to have lunch.
    Just from this scene alone, it seems the walkers' primary sense of hunting is still by sound? I wonder, if that whisperer dropped to the ground but help his pain without a noise, would the nearby walkers ignore him?

BTW, is he a stupid whisperer or not? I mean, he was walking toward Daryl and he should have seen Daryl was shooting arrows. With the speed of the walkers, he would not have made it close to Daryl (regardless whether Daryl was shooting the head or other parts of the body). He and Lydia's leading a group of only 6 walkers approaching from a distance is a very stupid idea (unless they did not know Daryl has a long range weapon...but then, even without a long range weapon, just Michonne alone with her Katana can handle them easily at close range). A strange encounter there on the bridge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

There were 3 whisperers, the one Michonne killed, the one Daryl shot in the leg, and Lydia.

I think what we saw was Daryl realizing the whisperers can't "break rank", so to speak. They are surrounded by walkers and the only way to stay safe is to not let the walkers "know" they are people. Like Sam in Alexandria, it was his whimpering that let the walkers notice him. Daryl knew that if he shot them in the head, they would drop and die, regardless if they were walkers or whisperers. So shooting them in the leg was the easy way to tell and making them scream out in pain would attract the walkers to them. In a larger group it would work even better. Imagine a large group of mixed walkers and whisperers. Fire some arrows into the crowd and any whisperer who gets hit will almost immediately give themselves away, and the will instantly be hounded by the walkers who were just protecting them.

I think in the case of the whisperer, he knew he couldn't break rank or he would be in a situation where he has Daryl in front of him and walkers all around him. He would be trapped. So best to keep up the front and just hope Daryl misses or hits another walker, giving him a chance to escape. It was a covered bridge, he had nowhere else to go.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think Earl and Henry need to start working on a few thousand caltrops, to throw in the path of herds from now on.

[​IMG]

Problem this, you have to remember they are there later. ;/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I mean, if I were that whisperer, seeing Daryl is shooting arrow, I would deliberately walk slower to get behind the other 3 to 4 walkers and use them as shield. It does not look hard to just make a slight move left or right in order to set a walker between yourself and Daryl's line of sight. This can buy some precious time to get closer to Daryl and then just when Daryl is about to reload an arrow, I would rush up to him to make a stab or something. This tactics should still give that whisperer a little chance by having the element of surprise. And, of course, being unknown to him, his hand-to-hand combat with Daryl will still fail.

Regarding the walkers, I wonder if a walker would be attracted by a nearby whisperer's sneezing? And how about if a whisperer just 'breaks rank' by making an 180-degree turn?

5. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

The Whisperer couldn't react to Daryl's aiming at him as a human would or he risked being swarmed. He probably had no idea what to do in that moment. And then...too late.

Daryl was brilliant to shoot him in the leg!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

"The living kind or original recipe" had me rofl and to your point about the bridge you can actually see some indecision by the Whisperers in the back (Lydia and the other guy) and they were gonna walk away but Michonne was there waiting for them so they had to fight.

(Ugh recorded and tried to post but file was too large)

• Like Like x 3