Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan's Journey

Discussion in 'Episode 909 - Adaptation' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I liked the foreshadowing of him seeing the loner in the clothing store who had set up mannequin's to combat his despair, and within a day Negan was doing the same thing with the furniture at the Sanctuary and his "friend" Big Richie.

And I loved his motorcycle fall. And man is he rusty.....

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the entire Negan journey.

I literally gasped when he ended up in the clearing where we first met him on that fateful night.

The look on his face when he realizes where he is was jarring. I am still not convinced that it is a look of regret in regard to the deaths he handed down in that clearing. But there was something there, under the surface that causes him to pause. As I stated in the praise thread, I think it is more a look of realizing that he is standing in the place where the beginning of his end took root. So in a sense it could be a look of regret but not due to the fates of Glenn and Abe but rather due to his own fate.

And yep that moment in the store then reflected later in his making a living space at the sanctuary was a nice touch.

I love these small, yet large, details

#2 Dnae, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

The journey Negan took was my favorite parts of episode. Really well done.

I probably would not want to go back to the cell either. Shoot me or let me go would be the only options.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Really loved his whole journey and his bits with Judith.

Seeing his eyes red and about to cry while he was sitting in the living room he tried to make, surrounded by the fall of Sanctuary and her decaying remains, was really a heartstring pull for me.

Fascinated to see how this plays out with him coming back to Alexandria!

• Like Like x 5
  5. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

The Negan journey and Negan and Judith scenes were my favorite.
    I'm curious to see where they might go with this. All that time locked in a tiny jail cell can change a person.
    I think he'd be an asset against the Whisperers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I also liked Negan wandering around in the desolation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I'm sooo conflicted with Negan. Love JDM in the naughtiest of ways and I think the character is interesting but I just don't see him living alongside any of our communities of survivors outside of that cell.

I enjoy the interactions between him and Judith, but his little walkabout was pretty telling. He searches for clothes and decides on his ol favorite..a leather jacket. Picks a substitute for Lucille and carries it around just like he used to. Heads to the Sanctuary expecting what? I think if there had been even one survivor there we would have seen the same ol brute get a gleam in his eye.

In no way do I think he feels remorse. I think he just had the realization that he is in fact defeated in every way.

I am really, really looking forward to his first introduction to these Whisperers. I was kinda expecting that to happen and be the reason he heads back to Alexandria, but I can't wait to see his reaction when he does.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I did not know it was the same place.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Negan's going to fight for the group of Hilltop / Alexandria now that most of the oldfags are gone and that is a good thing because they're going to need his "skillz."

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Right now, Negan's story of redemption and his journey of discovery.... or whatever you want to call it, is the best thing this show has going for it right now.

I'm really bored with everyone and everything else right now. The Whisperers have some promise, but I wasn't "excited" about them.

Almost all of my favorite characters are gone now (or have been proverbially castrated, See: Daryl lol). And Michonne is leaving soon. Basically Judith and Negan will be the only people left that I find interesting.

11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I loved the symbolism. Leaving a flourishing community and returning to his own surrounded by nothing but death and decay.

He is a man processing his past decisions and seeing that his way wasn't the right way. I'm really interested in seeing the reactions of Alexandria once Negan returns under his own will.

I really like the dynamic between Judith and Negan. She knows who he is yet she has a level of trust with him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Gotta say I'm kinda surprised he went back to Alexandria so soon. Then again he had to realize that there really is nothing left out there for him. I was hoping he would run into the Whisperers while out there though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

And as soon as Disney calls and wants Cailey Flemming to play young Rey in one of their shows on the streaming service very good chance you'll lose Judith too. And who knows how much longer JDM wants to do this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Same! Reminded me of the beginnings of the show, where a lot of it was wandering around a world slowly growing more and more feral. I absolutely loved scenes like creeping through a decaying Atlanta or trying to scavenge in abandoned farmhouses.

I miss that feeling sometimes, now that we've gathered in these little communities. :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

What's one of the big reasons why the show is so good right now? You hit the nail on the head with your first sentence.

Negan did his eye-opening trip in one episode. Not three (or more).

This, this right here? THIS is how you move a story at clip. This is how you blink and the season is over.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

so...where is Dwight now?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Seventh_son

I hope I'm wrong, but maybe he's with the Whisperers.

He (maybe with Sherry) is floating around somewhere, I'm sure. It'll be interesting to see how things panned out for him.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Seventh_son

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Seventh_son

It was a great, full-circle moment to see Negan on his knees in the same clearing from 701. Small, yet at the same time enormous moments like this are amazing writing achievements.

• Agree Agree x 2