Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie and Rick are gone?

Discussion in 'Episode 906 - Who Are You Now?' started by TDogResurrected, Nov 15, 2018.

1. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Ok so Lauren Cohan (Maggie) and Andrew Lincoln (Rick) left the show, cool. Ricks gone (written into plot, so ok). BUT is the camera ganna be 5 minutes behind Maggie every time a group comes to Hilltop? "Were here to talk with Maggie. Ohh you just missed her, but she told me blah blah blah". If that's the case... the shows over. Actors leaving a show is all well and good. But an actor who leaves the show, and who's character remains in the world...seems odd. Can someone straighten this out? Cause I don't read many blogs, articles or seen all the talking dead, soooo im prettty lost with the direction of the casting and show narrative if that is the case.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

They haven't said yet how she is written out. Maybe we will find out next week. The big guess is she goes to the Commonwealth with Georgie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Some folks don't like they way they worked Rick's exit - I thought it was cool, but can understand why some didn't. IMO, they really have botched Maggie's exit from the show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TDogResurrected

Maggies "departure" hasnt been covered on the show, we'll thats good to know.

5. offrope

offrope Active Member

A character like Maggie doesn't deserve to be Shumpert'ed. I hope she does get a respectable exit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TDogResurrected

I mean, they technically haven't botched her exit yet. I just see alot of chatter about the actor leaving the show. I wasn't sure if Maggie was just gone, or will be addressed.

p.s. Nothing can be botched after Glenn slide under some dumpsters...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Giving her an off screen departure is about as botched as you can get.

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

and I am all like "meh, whatevs"

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I think it's premature to declare anything botched yet. They very well maybe screw it up but Maggie not being around hasn't even been hinted yet in the show. We just don't know what's going on at Hilltop.

I'm sure things will be resolved in the next episode or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I could have sworn when the news of her leaving broke she was supposed to get 6 episodes. The way she exited is laughable. It wasn't even an exit. Her last images are of her letting Negan live in the cell and holding Michonne back. Hopefully it will be explained as well as the many other mysteries. Otherwise, we just have to theorize over what happened to Maggie sometime during the damn time jump. Meanwhile Lauren Cohen just goes off without a goodbye from fans and not even a spot on Talking Dead after the show. SMH.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Exactly how i'm looking at it...they haven't addressed hilltop yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

AND her supposed cryptic mysterious disappearance could factor into the back story of the discord among the communities, the X on Michonne's back, etc.

I am sticking to my "meh whatevs" outlook

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

We may find out during Rick Tales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

That's a lot of negativity for something that didn't even happen yet. If anything, it's highly unrealistic that nobody else is missing or dead. It's been 6 years!!!

I like that they're not putting too much weight on it, especially if she voluntarily went to the Commonwealth (and my guess is she just left when Michonne reaches the Hilltop). They'll deal with the hole caused by her absence, and they don't need to mourn her and make a big deal out of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

I think it was already touched upon in a convo between Maggie and jesus over the letters from Georgie, asking Maggie to join her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

What if Cohen's exit doesn't mean Maggie's exit? What if they found someone else another actress to play Maggie and continue on as if nothing has happened? Or come up with something like Maggie had an terrible acne episode so she covered her face with a veil LOL? Is something like that remotely possible?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

That's why we think she will go there, but the convo only gave us the idea that that's how they might write her exit.

18. TDogResurrected

True, not ideal setup to put it mildly haha

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

Well, as long as they get someone that looks remotely close to her, I'd go with it. Problem is, who? I mentioned it before in some thread here long ago, but I always thought that soccer player, Alex Morgan, sort of bore a resemblance to LC. But then again, she's a soccer player, so....

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm just sad that Maggie won't get an on-screen goodbye, even if she might come back.

Like, she's been around a long time. Doesn't quite seem right.

• Agree Agree x 1