Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[903] Rate it! You've been Warned!

Discussion in 'Episode 903 - Warning Signs' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 19, 2018.

?

Rate It.

1. 10

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Surgeon Generals Warning: This episode causes Excitement Urination.

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. 8

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Final Warning. Watch a Sanford and Son rerun instead.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Do it, Felicia.

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'm expecting a 9 or 10.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Great episode. 9.4 for me. They are still managing to jump around between different subgroups in a way reminiscent of seasons 4/5. I also really enjoy it when the core group is at odds with each other. Really at odds, not just disagreements that resolve themselves in half an episode. It gives it the feel of seasons 1/2, when the group was "broken", and that was where the drama was.

I'm slightly worried about the Anne subplot. I hope they don't go in the direction of cartoonish villain/group. But the way they've handled these first three episodes, I'll remain optimistic so far. The best 3 episodes in a row in a long time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Another 9 rating from me. Man, I don't know about you guys but I am loving the post-Scott Gimple TWD season so far. So many revelations in this episode. Who knew Oceanside was working on getting revenge on the Saviors when they were so afraid of them before. I loved that. And it looks like Maggie has waited long enough and is about to make her move on ending Negan's ass. And yes Maggie and Daryl were right to let Arat die. Time after time, the Saviors are proving they are very difficult to live and work with. On a more peaceful not, I did like the Grimes family moments. Although it does seem like the calm before the storm. Sigh.

#4 Weallgotit, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I also have some concerns about the anne subplot. I have no desire to return to Jadis-speak, which for me is the cartoonish aspect you mentioned

#5 Dnae, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Loved it!

My heart was breaking a little bit with the family day Rick/Michonne scenes, knowing what's on the horizon.

Oof, the Anne situation. And I was starting to like her too. To think, I was hoping that helicopter might be a positive thing. Silly me, have I learned nothing?

But those end scenes with Daryl/Maggie/Oceanside? Oh, my God, so good! What a tangled situation. And what a great way to make some sense of that final scene from season 8.

I'm voting it 9, though it's more like a 9.5 for me. More please!

• Like Like x 2
  7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I liked this episode and feel it had a lot better direction than the first two eps did. I am not really into most of the new cast this season and the holdovers from season 7 and 8 though so still can't give it much higher than a 7. But it was enjoyable

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it a 9.

I don't like the direction they seem to be going, where a belief that people can change isn't part of it. I suppose I'm hoping that Rick's departure will turn that around.

I didn't really like Maggie hanging someone before, but at least you could see that she did give him multiple chances to change. With Oceanside, they just killed everyone, not taking into consideration that people can change, which I hated. Don't like Maggie going off to see Negan either, and it's pretty clear she is the reason Rick is put in danger.

Although I have a new theory that maybe Rick won't actually die. I hope so anyway.

Michonne babies! loved that part.

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The writing continues to be so much better than we've had in many seasons. My one problem is the whole Jadis plot. She was always a horrible character and they shouldn't be elevating her to this half season's villain role. It also makes the other characters look stupid for giving her another chance. And the audience doesn't want to see her in any prominent role.

I really like what they're doing with Rick, Maggie and Michonne, but two of them are leaving very soon....

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am going with another rating of 9

I am saving my 10 rating. BUT if forced to use it before the mid season break you might want to consider going to "11" with the rating options @Neuropyramidal
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I got the impression that Oceanside had specific people in mind who did less redeemable things, like laughing as they killed a child. If they were going to kill every savior they had a lot more to go...but they said Arat was the last one. I'm not saying that was the best route to take, I favor Rick's way...but i sort of understand it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. stumbler

stumbler New Member

[​IMG] I thought last night was a solid episode, first in a while. The story line was believable and I like the way Oceanside is taking care of business. I still think they should replace Andy Lincoln with Viggo Mortensen instead of losing Rick as a character. It worked on Bewitched! Right click image on top of post

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

RottenTomatoes episode reviews are in and once again it stands at 100%
    [​IMG]

Episode 1 received 96%
    Episode 2 received 100%
    Episode 3 (thus far) is at 100%

If that number holds the season average for the 3 episodes put the series at 99%

For comparison:
    Season 8's first 3 episodes were at 90%; 50%; 56% respectively. Bringing the season average for the first 3 episodes to 65% (let it be noted that I personally believe the numbers for episodes 2 and 3 to be rather harsh).

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

My third 10 rating in a row. I'm particularly enjoying the debate over administering justice and the mystery of what is going on with Jadis and the helicopter people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

My second! And a 9.5 for the premiere!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

10, easily. I don't even know where to begin.

Yet another episode that not only moved existing story lines forward, but introduced even more new story lines. The episode is the first time Oceanside felt like an important part of the story.

We even had a few characters who didn't make an appearance in this episode and we didn't notice, because there was so much going on.

The scene with Arat was one of the most intense scenes in a long time. The emotion and twists that went along with it. Finding out Arat killed Cyndi's Brother, and finding out it's Oceanside killing off Saviors. The big one was when Maggie realized her killing Gregory was what put them in motion, I really expected her to feel remorse and "see the light". But instead, she went the other way and decided "Yea, we can do this". The way her and Daryl coldly walked away from a begging Arat, knowing they were signaling her death. Holy shit that was awesome.

The whole Jadis/Anne thing is strange and I can't wait to see how that unfolds.

Rick and Michonne planning a kid...wow. I mean, it would be nice since Rick doesn't have any living children to carry on that Grimes blood line. (owch) Wouldn't be shocked if we don't see a 5 year old Richonne kid after the jump.

The whole idea that these people all love each other very much, but disagree on this one issue is great. I don't want them hating each other, but I like that they have issues.

The best line came from Rick, and it helped explain his position. When he told Daryl "Maybe you won't kill the guy who handcuffed your Brother to a roof and left him to die". Was not only an awesome call back, but it made sense. Daryl would have had justification for killing Rick back then. But not only did he not kill him, he embraced him as a Brother. Rick's way of saying people should be given a chance. But I also agree with Maggie that not everybody can be saved.

Such an amazing story so far this season. Granted I binged 1-6, but watching seasons 7 and 8 live, I never really felt that "I can't want until the next episode". So far, every episode this season is leaving me wanting more. I can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes! This was awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Melo

Melo Active Member

Daaamn.. another 10 for me! the first two episodes were awesome but i liked this one even more. But... Please more ROSITA!!

The Oceanside ''twist'' with the missing Saviors was cool and i can't blame the girls for killing them.. even though i liked Arat lately i would do the same thing Daryl and Maggie did.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I gave it a 9. Like a lot of you, I'm enjoying this season so much more than the last 2. For me, it's primarily b/c they don't have supposedly smart people doing stupid things in the interest of "drama." (Still have uncontrollable eye-rolls when I think of Rick saying, "Only one person needs to die!"...and then chatting with that one person when he strolled out into plain view, rather than opening fire on him from about 30 different positions.) I'm also enjoying Negan's absence. I was never in the "Ooh, such a fascinating dynamic between him and Rick!" camp.

I also like that people are struggling with their positions on forgiveness/redemption/community. There's nuance to it; e.g., Maggie acknowledging that the world Rick's working to create will be a better world for her son...but not knowing if she could work for that world herself, not at the expense of what she considers justice.

Oof, the scene with Arat...I watched TTD, and Sydney was on and talked about filming that, the intensity and atosphere of the scene. (Side note: I really like her! Very smart, and she and Pollyanna made a great combo.) I feel like we were given just enough tastes of Arat doing the right thing to find it credible that she may have changed. But the Oceansiders' beliefs and their measured way of doing this (just the group of people who killed their loved ones, and right here, on this spot) also made me absolutely understand why they did what they did. Part of why Arat had survived was b/c she was so ruthless, while gentler souls had been killed. One of the most compelling moments for me was when Arat pleaded that Simon would have killed her, but Cyndie shot back that Arat had smiled when killing that young boy--just how much anguish could she have been feeling?

Not sure how I feel about the Jadis/Anne subplot, unless it ties in pretty quickly to a s/l that's linked to the entirety of the groups. I didn't have much patience with her bemoaning that only Gabriel had defended her when she was accused of killing the Saviors. Girlfriend, you betrayed Rick and nearly got Michonne killed. Yeah, there's been a time-lapse, but you can't go lamenting your perceived abandonment just yet.

A&B? Either she's being told to sign up for next semester's science requirement (Astronomy or Biology), or it's Alpha/Beta. I'm thinking that even more after she slugged Gabe and said, "And here I thought you were a B." I read that as her having thought he was more of a follower, and here she learns--to her disappointment--that he was actually more forceful, showed more leadership qualities, than she'd realized.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1