Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It's a Small World After All

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - MM 54' started by PepperAnn, Sep 17, 2018.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Amazing how easily everyone keeps running into each other. Especially since Morgan is supposed to be in Mississippi.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I wasn't paying enough atttention. Why is the episode called MM 54? I figure it's Mile Marker 54, but why is that significant enough to be the title? Is it telling us how far apart the groups are?

3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Didn't Morgan start to backtrack from Mississippi to Texas in the episode he couldn't decide which ****ing direction he was going? Thought the truckers were taking him back.
    Mile Marker 54 is a good guess. I thought it had something with him being called Mo Mo.

4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Mile Marker 54 is where Martha and her husband crashed into the guard rail, he died, and where she buried him.

So basically it was the place where Martha became "Filthy Woman".

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, just another really unbelievable part of this show. Morgan backtracks from Mississippi, happens to be on the same exact highway everybody else is on. Charlie and Alicia just happen to arrive at the flooded road in the same exact spot where John and Strand are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. PepperAnn

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

They probably saw Daniel Salazar. He just happened to be there.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

The growing absurdity that is FTWD S4 is crushing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

One thing I think this show has misstepped on a bit is the amount of people that seem to be left in the apocalypse at times. Up until the end of S3 it seemed almost more like a dystopia rather than an apocalypse of TWD magnitude. Even in the S3 finale, entire villages of people came out for the water once the damn broke. During that same chronology on TWD Rick ran into only 2 people before his arrival at the Quarry and then they ran into no one but Jenner until the farm, and only met one small group during that entire season.

That's the backdrop that is more exciting to me. A fullscale apocalypse. It makes it more exciting to watch the characters try to live when the odds were so against them and so few are left.

I wasn't completely sure what time frame Martha and Hank were suppose to have been in the accident. At first I thought it was the beginning of the apocalypse because 3 cars that seemed far apart enough to be not related to each other came by within 30 seconds, and the walker that came by looked fresh, and Martha mistook him for a survivor at first. All those things pointed to it being around the outbreak.

However she was STILL hanging out around the accident location at the time the truck-box system was all set up and going, which would have taken a long time to organize. And the first person they showed her meeting was Stevie, someone who Sarah mentioned as being the person Morgan talked to on the radio. Now I think Sarah may have been lying about it being Stevie on the radio to give Morgan the impression that Sarah and Wendyll were a legit part of the trucking company instead of hijackers, but still she wouldn't probably use the name of someone who had died 2 years earlier.

So all accounts point to the fact that Martha was still hanging around the car crash site 2+ years into the apocalypse, wearing her original clothes from the car crash, which still looked clean. Yet... we were meant to believe SOME time did pass, because the fresh looking walker that she killed with the rake now looked pretty decayed.

So that sequence was put together a bit illogically. And it begs the question, how did Sarah and Wendyll know Stevie if they were just truck hijackers? Did Polarbear mention Stevie to them when they hijacked the truck? Were they legitimately helping out the trucking group for awhile before going rogue?

#9 Neuropyramidal, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I couldn't get past how the streets looked so clean, and with all the cars left on the side of the roads, there wasn't a broken down car in sight when they crashed their car. And were those 3 cars that went past her, running from a place that was turning? That's what I assumed. Maybe the back roads are free of traffic in the ZA? I don't buy that one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PepperAnn

All signs point to this season of FTWD as just pure "lazy writing".

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Gimple's crashed the other ship. What a shocker.

#12 AnnieOakley, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1