Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sooo whadtcha think????

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - People Like Us' started by Dnae, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Of the episode?

I am too lazy to concoct a poll BUT....

If you were to rate the episode, scale 1-10: 1 being crap and 10 being awesome

What would you rate it?

What did you think was great?

What did you think was awful?

Does anyone else miss the deft showrunner touch of Dave Erickson?

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My rating? If "meh" were part of the 1-10 scale that is what I would go with. I believe MEH loosely translates to about a 6

What I liked:
    Morgan and Alicia - oh how I wish these two would end up back in Alexandria. They can bring Althea with them.

What I did not like:
    Whiney "woe is me I am the only one to ever lose people in the ZA" Luciana
    Cocky drunk overplayed Strand

• Like Like x 1
  3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Good episode. These types of programs are far more suited to small groups where characterization can be focused on more than large community settings. The trip to Alexandria maybe put off for a while but I do think it is the final destination for the remaining survivors of this series.

The whole storm with the zombies flying through the air was a little ridiculous. Lol, reminds me back to season 5 of TWD when they had that storm and when they all came back out the next morning all the trees were knocked over but somehow that flimsy barn they were staying in managed to stay upright. Guess there is no good way though that shows can depict storms while still making it dramatic but not so devastating that the characters can pick right up once its over and act like it never happened.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I didnt get to see the whole episode. What's up with the help messages attached to the zombies?

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I wasn’t too thrilled. I really didn’t like the “ only certain walkers being tossed by the wind “ part of it.
    In fact, the only part I did like was John with Charlie, and Morgan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it overall - I'd give it a 7.5. I like that they brought a new weather element into it...we haven't seen a walker-nado yet. The mansion was cool, and I could see Strand saying f*ck it and taking advantage of the wine cellar but his creepy smiling/sneering at Morgan WAS a bit much. I get where Luciana is right now...a big part of our motivation for living even in normal circumstances without an apocalypse are our connections with other people. Losing people you love can make you feel like you have nothing to live for, especially in such a desolate world where her only companions are a drunken Strand and a bit of a feral Alicia. I hope Charlie snapped her out of that a bit. I did think it was cool that Alicia was trying to help someone like her mother would, even if she was a bit fixated on it to an unhealthy degree.

Of course John Dorie is still magnificent. Where is his dark side?! He has to have one right? Is it possible for someone to be that pure and good? I want him and June (and Charlie) to go to his cabin and live happily ever after and have movie nights, but we all know that ain't happenin'. :)

At first I thought maybe Morgan would actually recruit some people back to Alexandria, but now i'm wondering if he even goes at all after what Alicia said.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Morgan and Alicia go back to Virginia

And along they way they pick up a vamp and a hell raiser thus my wish for Cassidy and Tulip crossing over and becoming part of Alexandria becomes reality (but only IF Preacher does not get picked up for a 4th season)

If I close my eyes I can envision the dialogue between Cass and Negan!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

LOL. That would be amazing...and all 3 of them (Cass, Jesse and Tulip) would kick some ass in an apocalypse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It was an incredibly mediocre episode, pretty much on par with every episode this season.

I don't expect much for the rest of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It's always interesting to hear how differently other people view the show lol. I am for the first time after 3 full seasons enjoying the show, and others are like "meh".

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I KNOW!!! Last season we were constantly going back and forth with one another. I was all like "Jen you have to watch, season 3 is SOOOOO amazing" and you were all like "meh, ha ha ha whatever ummmm NO"

And now you are all like "it is so good, glad I decided to give it another chance" and I am all like "meh, ha ha ha whatever, it's sort of alright"

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I know, and I even went so far as watching a few episodes in season 3 but it just wasn't connecting for me. I also watched some of season 1, but I cannot recall even giving season 2 the time of day. To each their own i suppose :)

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah season 2 was, in retrospect, pretty much a stinker

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying it immensely. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. PepperAnn

Did anyone think it ended pretty weird? It just showed walkers flying around and that was it. Credits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I DID!!! I did not realize it was the end until they started with the "on the next episode of......"

and then I was all like, "Wait! What????"
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

So who the heck was leaving the help messages? Was it Heath?

18. PepperAnn

It was that dead walker in the room. They were too late.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I didnt get to see the whole episode but have been curious.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I thought it started off weird. I assume it was supposed to be a semi-flash forward, seeing Al's truck in the storm, then spending the entire episode leading up to that scene. But it wasn't like it was that important of a scene to do that with. Very strange editing.

• Agree Agree x 2