Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What are your TWD Season 9 Predictions?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Season 9' started by HarleyQuinn, Apr 27, 2018.

1. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Administrator
    Staff Member

Can't wait for The Walking Dead Season 9? What are your predictions for next season?

2. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

1. Complaints that the show has lost its way and nobody is watching anymore except people who still like it.
    2. Complaints that the opening episode had too much violence/not enough violence/just the right amount of violence but to the wrong people.
    3. Complaints that one or more of the female actors aren't as sexually attractive as the complainant would like.
    4. Complaints from the Forbes reviewer that he has to keep writing about a show he's always hated.
    5. Complaints that one or more characters who are struggling with loss, grief, PTSD and the horrors of surviving a WA (Walker Apocalypse) make choices in the moment that a viewer with hindsight wouldn't have made.
    6. Complaints that there was not enough or too much Jesus/Negan/Daryl/Eugene etc.
    7. Complaints about all the complaints...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

^^^this^^^

I have a feeling that our forum will turn into the complaint department.

I think the show will become a bit less combative. We will get to see thriving communities, and different ways to handle the walkers. Kind of slow paced, like at the farm.
    Georgie and her people will turn out to know where Heath is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be sort of bold and say that they'll deviate from this point of the comics. Things won't happen the way they happened on print.

There'll be a relatively peaceful first half, things will seem pretty normal. It's been far too bleak during the war, there has to be some time for things to settle. But not too slow, either. I think they'll take a bit of the pacing criticism on board this season. Find a better balance between slow and dull. Less of a 'big bad' and more smaller, personal conflicts between characters and the community, if that makes sense.

Next bad guy introduced heading towards midseason. I'm not going to bother going into comic spoilers, but I think it'll all go down a lot differently from this point onward. The show might make some more liberal interpretations, start cherry-picking what they adapt and what they don't. But I think it'll be a lot different to the comics. Which is a good thing, and probably the way it should be.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Hopefully. They should have done that for seasons 7 and 8 as well. I really think that Kirkman purposely began writing things that would be difficult for the show to adapt to live action. The show started about the same time that the comics were arriving at Alexandria and prior to that the comic had been relatively grounded. It still had its clichés of course (because Kirkman has a bad habit of writing into a lot of clichés and stereotypes) but overall it was much more realistic at least in terms of how characters acted. Then the show started and we started getting a character that spoke in Shakespear and had a pet tiger. A ninja who looked like Jesus. A guy who walked around with a baseball bat and cussed every other word (and when he wasn't cussing he was saying sexualized jokes) who lead a band of people who called themselves 'Saviors'.

Now that stuff is fine for comics because comics are crazy anyways and readers tend to expect the worlds to be crazy. But not so with live action tv. People aren't quite as forgiving with that stuff in that media.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The chronic repetitious complainers are kind of like a bonus sideshow. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I agree.

For me, I think killing off Carl was the sign this is their plan.

8. Jade2275

Jade2275 New Member

I think That Carl's vision of how he wanted everything to be peaceful will com true

9. Jade2275

Jade2275 New Member

And can anyone tell me how to conntanct Chandler riggs

10. Neuropyramidal

I'm Chandler Riggs. I don't give out any personal contact information, but I like to keep up on what people think about Carl on social media, so I spend some time here. I will answer a question or two if you have them.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yo I have a question.

How do you make the perfect carbonara?

12. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Were you looking forward to getting your eye socket licked?

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Neuropyramidal

I usually just kidnap the chef at Olive Garden and make him work for Tums.

14. Neuropyramidal

Josh McDermitt desensitized me to that already.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jade2275

Jade2275 New Member

Chandler Riggs when carl was saying to Negan I am already going to die how long had it been since Carl had been bittten

16. Jade2275

Jade2275 New Member

Chandler Were you and enid dating or were you just friends and are filiming any movies right now

17. Neuropyramidal

Thanks Jade, yeah this was something that I had discussed, both with the brilliant Michael Satrazemis, who directed How Its Gotta Be, as well as Angela Kang, who co-wrote that episode. Its the same day, and you can see that Carl has had enough time to set up a home for Siddiq in the sewer and to write his farewell letters and bond with Judith, among other things. Michael was coaching me as to how tired and sick I should be acting, and we basically came up with that the bite occurred about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, and Negan showed up at the gate around 11 that night.

So about 8 or 9 hours had passed.

18. Neuropyramidal

Great question! And this was something that Scott Gimple had sat down with me many times to discuss, how should my emotions play out in terms of my relationship with Enid? And even though we had never had a sexual relation, there were moments of intimacy, such as the kiss you saw in the tree. Scott had basically told me that other intimate moments had probably happened, like other kisses, and butterfly and eskimo kisses, and there was one occasion where we were out on one of our secret dates in the woods where we got under a blanket and probably some mild shenanigiggles happened. So we had a special bond, that went beyond friendship.

And thanks for asking, yes, I have a couple of films that are in post production right now, one is called Inherit the Viper which is a crime drama that i'm really proud of. I'm working on something right now that I can't speak of yet, but I can say that it involves hours of make up, and I'm right now on break from having my nose enlarged. Im sweating in a hot cast trailer. Thanks for your interest, talk soon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Chandler: why do you refer to yourself as "ya boi" so much on social media?

20. Neuropyramidal

haha, great question, I've had many people wonder about this, thanks for asking. Its just an inside joke between myself and my wardrobe girl.