Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Annnnnd, I'm all caught up

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Laura' started by 92Pony, May 14, 2018.

1. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

A few weeks back, I caught AMC running all of season 3 (which I had not seen past epi 2) in a marathon. I DVR'd it, and watched it; DVR'ing S4 until I caught up. I watched 404 one day last week, and now, as of last night, am all caught up with S4.
    I remember suffering through Season 1, giving it a chance because I wanted to like it. S2 was also tough to watch at times. But, boy am I glad that I listened to those who have said that S3 was much better - it WAS! And thus far, S4 is really good. Of course though, as soon as I really get into it, I see the dreaded AMC, "Only 3 more episodes left......." Grrrrr!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I hate the “only x episodes left” too lol but welcome to the party! Glad you are all caught up, now with this episode out of the way, let’s get back to action with the Vulture storyline :D

I didn’t mind Season 1 mainly because I was excited to see a zombie production actually include the downfall of civilization (like RE: Apocalypse) and not just set some time after society collapses so it was cool seeing 1x01, 1x02 etc. Season 2 was okay, just choppy with all the random locations. Disappointed that the hotel storyline fell flat, but at least they touched up on it in Season 3 (RIP Elena/Hector) and Season 3 (3x13 was my favorite episode of all time like damn!) was great. Here’s to Season 4 hopefully being even better!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

i really enjoyed season 1 and season 2, seeing how failing to live at sea was interesting. Season 3 i actually didn't like, but i watched each week's episode. I then bought the DVD at Xmas and binged it all, it was far better watching it all in one go. I had high hopes for S4 until i read about the crossover and Gimple being involved. So far its been a major disappointment to see how Madison, Strand, Nick, Luciana and Alycia all made it many hundreds of miles away from New Mexico.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier New Member

So refreshing to watch an episode with a story in chronological order, and no guessing what time it is. I hate the flash back, forward, sideways and every which way.

Sent fra min G8141 via Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I think AMC misjudged how much interest there really was to see the beginning of the apocalypse in places outside of people's imagination. There was indeed a loud and vocal crowd calling for it during seasons 4 and 5 of the TWD but at the same time showing the very beginning stages of the apocalypse when people didn't have a clue what was going on wasn't really compatible with what viewers had come to expect from a Walking Dead television show. So it really wasn't any surprise that during seasons 1 and 2 most people were just posting about how moronic all these characters were. Well they were moronic. But they were moronic because they were supposed to be moronic in terms of a post apocalyptic view point.

They probably really should have started the show a year or so into the apocalypse when these new characters had become adapt at surviving.

That's really what they are doing now. Introducing new characters to the audience when those new characters are at a point where the viewers will have an easier time accepting them. And time jumping original characters like Alicia so her behavior will be easier to accept by an audience who grew accustomed to watching an apocalyptic story through the lens of an extremely action oriented show that completely skipped over the early weeks of the apocalypse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I’m really surprised how many people disliked season one. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

So you went into season 4 expecting it to be bad because of Gimple lol. Of course you're going to find things to complain over with that outlook.

This is the 3rd chance I gave this show, with an open mind each time. When it came out I was excited to have more TWD to watch. But the first 3 seasons couldn't get me to keep watching...I'm hooked this season. To each their own, I suppose.

8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Me, too. I watched the first three seasons begrudgingly. This season I absolutely adore.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

For me, season 1 felt kind-of slow. I guess I wanted characters to know what to do like the ones in TWD. But that's just it - they didn't. And we were seeing them learn about this new world from day 1.
    Also for me, it took quite a while for the characters to grow on me. At different times through season 1 and 2, I was greatly annoyed by/with Nick, Alicia, Travis, and even Madison, a little.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

To me it wasn't necessarily slow, but i was looking forward to seeing the ZA as it unfolded and for some reason it missed the mark for me. It felt like they sped through it. I wanted to really feel the effects of the ZA on peoples' normal, everyday lives. I just didn't get that with this show. I also felt that the characters were difficult to connect with.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Lol we have so many different personalities here.

I loved the slowness of it. For the reason you stated. They felt completely lost as is to be expected.

I took to Nick immediately from the first scene. Strand too.
    Madison I’m only liking this season.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, the show had some missteps regarding the outbreak, I agree. They largely skipped the worst of it with a 9 day time jump while the main characters were in a quarantine zone. Big mistake, I think. I also think they missed an opportunity by focusing so much on one central family. They should have had a more ensemble cast, where we switched back and forth following maybe 4 or 5 diverse people or sets of people, and then had them slowly come together as kind of a rag tag group. We could have seen how things went down in several different settings that way. Instead we basically saw everything through the eyes of one family. And that family sat out the real action in a safe zone lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

Unfortunately for me Gimple is the reason why TWD has declined. The writing mechanisms employed so badly in TWD were then brought over to FTWD. I really enjoyed S1-3 because it was a different part of the country, different time (maybe at the period when Rick was in hospital), the story didn't jump back and forth and the writers seem to have a road map in which to tell a separate story. Gimple was brought in and the story has totally changed location, time jump and thrown in a TWD character for no real reason other than to try and raise the ratings. I'll keep watching because i enjoy the show but i'm very disappointed with S4 so far.

• Agree Agree x 1